P4P800 deluxe USB Problem

Hello!

With this board I could only use USB Hardware if it's conected to the pc
bevore the systems starts. Hardware, connected after booting won't be
recognized.
(My Configuration is WinXp pro, latest USB drivers from asus)
Another thing is that even after the installation of all available
drivers (intel chipset drivers, etc...) there's one USB hub shown as
"unknown" in windows system manager.
What's this problem about? Sb there with the same?

thx for your help,

patrick
2 answers Last reply
More about p4p800 deluxe problem

    "Patrick" <prinzger@arcor.de> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > With this board I could only use USB Hardware if it's conected to the pc
    > bevore the systems starts. Hardware, connected after booting won't be
    > recognized.
    > (My Configuration is WinXp pro, latest USB drivers from asus)
    > Another thing is that even after the installation of all available drivers
    > (intel chipset drivers, etc...) there's one USB hub shown as "unknown" in
    > windows system manager.
    > What's this problem about? Sb there with the same?
    >
    > thx for your help,
    >
    > patrick

    Hello
    If you have XP with sp1 or 2 you do not need USB drivers.

    "JanE" <janerik@msn.com> wrote in message news:csoa2t$kof$1@news.ya.com...

    > "Patrick" <prinzger@arcor.de> wrote in message
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> With this board I could only use USB Hardware if it's conected to the pc
    >> bevore the systems starts. Hardware, connected after booting won't be
    >> recognized.
    >> (My Configuration is WinXp pro, latest USB drivers from asus)
    >> Another thing is that even after the installation of all available
    >> drivers (intel chipset drivers, etc...) there's one USB hub shown as
    >> "unknown" in windows system manager.
    >> What's this problem about? Sb there with the same?
    >>
    >> thx for

    Right click the unknown device AFTER installing either of the windows xp
    service packs(1 or 2)
    Then click update/reinstall driver. It should find the proper usb driver for
    it.

    If you aren't sure if you already have one, go to start-run->WINVER (enter)

Asus Drivers USB Motherboards