Cost effective way to addon >4 IDE (ATA100) drives ?

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

What would be a cost effective way to addon more
than 4 IDE (ATA100) devices to the motherboard?
Raid card?
TIA

"Ray" <ray_mitchell@topas.com> wrote in message

> What would be a cost effective way to addon more
> than 4 IDE (ATA100) devices to the motherboard?
> Raid card?
> TIA

If you just want plain non-raid hosting of 4 drives at ATA100, the I can't
imagine a cheaper and better supported way than to stick a Promise Ultra
100TX2 in there. They go for next to nothing on eBay s'hand. There are
many Ulra IDE adaptors on eBay, but go for something with pedigree, Promise
or Adaptech.

Jon