wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

HP laptop, win xp
Diagnosed as bad HD.
Replaced w/ new.
Trying to use 4 restore disks, came w/ Computer, but
when about 30 % into restoration

Replaced bad HD w/ new but get Error msg. #1802 about
1/2 way through using restore disks (during disk 2 of
4)"Image file is invalid or corrupted"

Then :
CDR 101 Not ready reading drive X

Then: Image not restored properly-Image error encountered

You need to contact HP and let them know that your support CD's are
corrupted. You may also want to try cleaning your CD\DVD Drive to make
sure it just isn't having reading errors. Sometimes if the CD's are
scratched, smudged, etc, they won't work. Also, try letting the
computer sit for a while between putting in CD's and see if that helps.
It may just be overtaxing the drive.

----
Nathan McNulty

wally wrote:
> HP laptop, win xp
> Diagnosed as bad HD.
> Replaced w/ new.
> Trying to use 4 restore disks, came w/ Computer, but
> when about 30 % into restoration
>
> Replaced bad HD w/ new but get Error msg. #1802 about
> 1/2 way through using restore disks (during disk 2 of
> 4)"Image file is invalid or corrupted"
>
> Then :
> CDR 101 Not ready reading drive X
>
> Then: Image not restored properly-Image error encountered

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

HP wants $77 for new set of restore disks!
Numerous places on web (Google-"Error 1802") say the
disks , Hp and Compaq, are mass produced, burned at high
speed, normal CD Rom drive can't read sometimes!
This was 1st. time out of box for disks!

That is rediculous. How old is the computer? Also, they are required
to provide you with a method if reinstalling Windows whether this is
through the restore disks or a Windows XP Install CD. You paid for the
product including XP. I would continue to push the issue with HP until
I get what I want.

----
Nathan McNulty