SYSTEM RUNNING SLOW !

(1)Having 2 HardDisks & 2 CDdrives in my system..
My HDD's RPM may not be same, i'm not very sure..But how
does it affect system boot time if RPM of both drives are
dissimilar?? Because if the RAMs doesn't match(in case u r
having 2 RAMs in the system), then the system will not
boot..Similarly if the HDdrives' RPM are not similar then
how will it affect the system--will it ever boot or boot
slow???

(2)Finally please tell me the correct rule to connect
2HDDs & 2CD drives with the IDE ports of the motherboard
in terms of primary & secondary master/slave ...I mean to
say how should one connect the 2 harddisks & 2 CD drives
with the IDE ports of motherboard in terms of primary &
secondary master/slave??? whether the HDDs should be
connected as primary master & 2ndary master or as primary
master & primary slave???
(3)Also please tell me win-XP works better on which--FAT32
or NTFS ???
Regards,
Rahul.

Here's my suggestion. Put your 2 hard drives on the Primary IDE
Controller. You want your main hard drive with the OS to be the Master
at the end of the cable. You want your other hard drive to be set as
Slave in the middle of the cable. Now you are going to put your more
important CD Drive as Master at the end of the cable which you are going
to connect to the Secondary IDE Controller. The other CD Drive is going
to be set to Slave in the middle of that one. The RPM should matter at
all, but the DMA Mode does.

You are going to want to use NTFS for XP as it has better security,
flexibility, and stability.

----
Nathan McNulty