Closed

Product Key for win -xp HOME EDITION

July 28, 2004 4:53:32 PM

I want to install win -xp HOME EDITION in my system, but
while installing, on entering the product key, an error
message--"incorrect product key entered" is displayed..
Probably the product key that i have for my win-XP HOME
EDITION CD is wrong..
please provide me the correct PRODUCT KEY for the same so
that installation of that XP HOME EDITION on my system can
be completed successfully..

Regard,
RDG.
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 6:07:37 PM

Come on, are you kidding me?

If you seriously have a question about this, check this out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

----
Nathan McNulty

RDG wrote:
> I want to install win -xp HOME EDITION in my system, but
> while installing, on entering the product key, an error
> message--"incorrect product key entered" is displayed..
> Probably the product key that i have for my win-XP HOME
> EDITION CD is wrong..
> please provide me the correct PRODUCT KEY for the same so
> that installation of that XP HOME EDITION on my system can
> be completed successfully..
>
> Regard,
> RDG.
July 28, 2004 7:59:18 PM

Yeah sure I have mailed it to you keep an eye out for the postman.

Testy

"RDG" <rdg@hclinfinet.com> wrote in message
> I want to install win -xp HOME EDITION in my system, but
> while installing, on entering the product key, an error
> message--"incorrect product key entered" is displayed..
> Probably the product key that i have for my win-XP HOME
> EDITION CD is wrong..
> please provide me the correct PRODUCT KEY for the same so
> that installation of that XP HOME EDITION on my system can
> be completed successfully..
>
> Regard,
> RDG.

---
July 28, 2004 9:24:07 PM

"RDG" <rdg@hclinfinet.com> wrote in message
> I want to install win -xp HOME EDITION in my system, but
> while installing, on entering the product key, an error
> message--"incorrect product key entered" is displayed..
> Probably the product key that i have for my win-XP HOME
> EDITION CD is wrong..
> please provide me the correct PRODUCT KEY for the same so
> that installation of that XP HOME EDITION on my system can
> be completed successfully..

Try this one: IMAPI-RATEI-MAPIR-ATEIM-APIRA
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 4:09:08 AM

Make sure you are entering the code correctly. Some of the letter/numbers
are easily confused. If all else fails, call microsoft. This is a peer to
peer newsgroup, no one here will give you a product key.

"RDG" <rdg@hclinfinet.com> wrote in message
> I want to install win -xp HOME EDITION in my system, but
> while installing, on entering the product key, an error
> message--"incorrect product key entered" is displayed..
> Probably the product key that i have for my win-XP HOME
> EDITION CD is wrong..
> please provide me the correct PRODUCT KEY for the same so
> that installation of that XP HOME EDITION on my system can
> be completed successfully..
>
> Regard,
> RDG.
January 27, 2009 3:09:27 PM

I have had the same problem reinstalling the operating system on an E-Machines PC. The problem is that the software is on a recovery disk supplied by the PC manufacturer and they use the same product key to install the operating system on all PC's from that model group. It will not activate the OS on reinstallation, You must use the product key from your COA Sticker to reinstall or it will not Activate. If Your Sticker on Your Case is not there due to not being installed or it has been lost or stolen you may get relief from your Manufactuer by providing your Model & Serial Number. Otherwise you will have to purchase a new Disk & COA for your OS.
GOOD LUCK !!!!!! IT PAYS TO BUILD YOUR OWN PC :
October 4, 2010 11:18:50 PM

if you have a legit serial/cd key... just call Microsoft! they will support you (I've done it numerous times, since keys are sometimes locked and will refuse to work... call them and expose your problem)

If you pirated your windows... then... it's your problem!
October 5, 2010 1:32:17 AM

fraber01: please note that this is very old thread :o
October 5, 2010 2:30:23 AM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
!