Hitachi GD-S200 DVD

I have the above DVD player on my IBM thinkpad which
played DVD's perfectly until I installed XP. It shows
West Wing in the drive but wont play it. The driver does
not seem to be available from IBM or Hitachi. How can I
play DVD's again !!!!!
4 answers Last reply
More about hitachi s200

    You'll need to purchase and install a Windows XP compatible
    DVD decoder.

    DVD Support for Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/dvdplay.aspx

    DVD Playback in Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/bridgman02april15.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "dgno5" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    |I have the above DVD player on my IBM thinkpad which
    | played DVD's perfectly until I installed XP. It shows
    | West Wing in the drive but wont play it. The driver does
    | not seem to be available from IBM or Hitachi. How can I
    | play DVD's again !!!!!

    Typical. I install super Microsoft XP which then disables
    many of the functions I had previously and I then have
    to pay for the privelage of getting it working again.

    Just find the CD that contains WinDVD or PowerDVD and reinstall it. You do
    not have to purchase anything new - unless of course you have lost the
    software.
    www.coribright.com

    > Typical. I install super Microsoft XP which then disables
    > many of the functions I had previously and I then have
    > to pay for the privelage of getting it working again.

    Even then, you can usually get the software replaced ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Cari (MS MVP) wrote:
    > Just find the CD that contains WinDVD or PowerDVD and reinstall it. You do
    > not have to purchase anything new - unless of course you have lost the
    > software.

DVD Hitachi Windows XP