Hitachi GD-S200 DVD

I have the above DVD player on my IBM thinkpad which
played DVD's perfectly until I installed XP. It shows
West Wing in the drive but wont play it. The driver does
not seem to be available from IBM or Hitachi. How can I
play DVD's again !!!!!

You'll need to purchase and install a Windows XP compatible
DVD decoder.

DVD Support for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/dvdplay.aspx

DVD Playback in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/bridgman02april15.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"dgno5" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

|I have the above DVD player on my IBM thinkpad which
| played DVD's perfectly until I installed XP. It shows
| West Wing in the drive but wont play it. The driver does
| not seem to be available from IBM or Hitachi. How can I
| play DVD's again !!!!!

Typical. I install super Microsoft XP which then disables
many of the functions I had previously and I then have
to pay for the privelage of getting it working again.

---------------------------

>"dgno5" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message:

>|I have the above DVD player on my IBM thinkpad which
>| played DVD's perfectly until I installed XP. It shows
>| West Wing in the drive but wont play it. The driver
does
>| not seem to be available from IBM or Hitachi. How can
>| play DVD's again !!!!!
>.

Just find the CD that contains WinDVD or PowerDVD and reinstall it. You do
not have to purchase anything new - unless of course you have lost the
software.
www.coribright.com

> Typical. I install super Microsoft XP which then disables
> many of the functions I had previously and I then have
> to pay for the privelage of getting it working again.

Even then, you can usually get the software replaced ;)

----
Nathan McNulty