burning data through windows....

lately i have been unable to burn data onto cd's through windows programme, although i can burn them through nero, even when i double clock on the cd icon in my computer at the top left it yoused ro give me option to erase cd (use cd/rw).
ok what happens is i click on data that i want stored on cd, then click "copy to cd" pop up on task bar tells me i have files to copy to cd....then when i ask it to write files to cd, usual box pops up "welcome to the cd writing wizard"....when i click next, the box then tells me to insert a writable discto continue...which it is a writable disk and should be able to write too.
windows xp professional
philips dvd-/+rw
this is quite frustrating...please help..

i just posted a similar message, and the word i used several times was also frustrating. This problem has cost me many MANY hours of trying to figure out what the heck it is. I am new to this forum, and am not sure if i will be able to navigate back. If you get help, could you email me at bobb181818@yahoo.com....

thanks --- fellow frustrated person....

"mww7" wrote:

> lately i have been unable to burn data onto cd's through windows programme, although i can burn them through nero, even when i double clock on the cd icon in my computer at the top left it yoused ro give me option to erase cd (use cd/rw).
> ok what happens is i click on data that i want stored on cd, then click "copy to cd" pop up on task bar tells me i have files to copy to cd....then when i ask it to write files to cd, usual box pops up "welcome to the cd writing wizard"....when i click next, the box then tells me to insert a writable discto continue...which it is a writable disk and should be able to write too.
> windows xp professional
> philips dvd-/+rw
> this is quite frustrating...please help..

i just went to properties of the cd drive, and then to recording then unchecked enable recordnig, and then rechecked it, and then apply, and it now seems to work. Not sure if it will always work like this, only time will tell...let me know

mathman01867

"mathman01867" wrote:

> i just posted a similar message, and the word i used several times was also frustrating. This problem has cost me many MANY hours of trying to figure out what the heck it is. I am new to this forum, and am not sure if i will be able to navigate back. If you get help, could you email me at bobb181818@yahoo.com....
>
> thanks --- fellow frustrated person....
>

> "mww7" wrote:
>
> > lately i have been unable to burn data onto cd's through windows programme, although i can burn them through nero, even when i double clock on the cd icon in my computer at the top left it yoused ro give me option to erase cd (use cd/rw).
> > ok what happens is i click on data that i want stored on cd, then click "copy to cd" pop up on task bar tells me i have files to copy to cd....then when i ask it to write files to cd, usual box pops up "welcome to the cd writing wizard"....when i click next, the box then tells me to insert a writable discto continue...which it is a writable disk and should be able to write too.
> > windows xp professional
> > philips dvd-/+rw
> > this is quite frustrating...please help..

yes mathman01876 it did work, thanks alot for your help...so frustrating yet so easy to solve...hope this works everytime.....

"mathman01867" wrote:

> i just went to properties of the cd drive, and then to recording then unchecked enable recordnig, and then rechecked it, and then apply, and it now seems to work. Not sure if it will always work like this, only time will tell...let me know
>
> mathman01867
>
> "mathman01867" wrote:
>
> > i just posted a similar message, and the word i used several times was also frustrating. This problem has cost me many MANY hours of trying to figure out what the heck it is. I am new to this forum, and am not sure if i will be able to navigate back. If you get help, could you email me at bobb181818@yahoo.com....
> >
> > thanks --- fellow frustrated person....
> >

> > "mww7" wrote:
> >
> > > lately i have been unable to burn data onto cd's through windows programme, although i can burn them through nero, even when i double clock on the cd icon in my computer at the top left it yoused ro give me option to erase cd (use cd/rw).
> > > ok what happens is i click on data that i want stored on cd, then click "copy to cd" pop up on task bar tells me i have files to copy to cd....then when i ask it to write files to cd, usual box pops up "welcome to the cd writing wizard"....when i click next, the box then tells me to insert a writable discto continue...which it is a writable disk and should be able to write too.
> > > windows xp professional
> > > philips dvd-/+rw
> > > this is quite frustrating...please help..

it did work for me again as well, so it does seem to work everytime...!!! I cant tell you how many hours i have spent the last 6 months trying to get that to work. It was so FRUSTRATING...so simple...however, now i am still curious as to what in the start up group is disabling it....any ideas out there????

"mww7" wrote:

> yes mathman01876 it did work, thanks alot for your help...so frustrating yet so easy to solve...hope this works everytime.....
>
> "mathman01867" wrote:
>
> > i just went to properties of the cd drive, and then to recording then unchecked enable recordnig, and then rechecked it, and then apply, and it now seems to work. Not sure if it will always work like this, only time will tell...let me know
> >
> > mathman01867
> >
> > "mathman01867" wrote:
> >
> > > i just posted a similar message, and the word i used several times was also frustrating. This problem has cost me many MANY hours of trying to figure out what the heck it is. I am new to this forum, and am not sure if i will be able to navigate back. If you get help, could you email me at bobb181818@yahoo.com....
> > >
> > > thanks --- fellow frustrated person....

TRENDING THREADS