gotcha

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003

Feeling very unhappy, hope you can change it!
Was copying six CDs of my Corel Print house the first four worked great. # five did the same up to 98% closing. It never closed, waited 20 minutes, and then found that my LG DVD rom had jammed had to get it out with a pin. I put another CD in and that jammed. Bought a new LG DVD rom. My computer will not recognize it, in other words when I open my computer it just shows both hard drives and my floppy and my LG DVD Writer but does not show LG DVD rom. I finally put a good CD with a program on in my DVD Writer, it opened it. I put it into the DVD rom and nothing happened. Sorry, something does happen, when I put a CD into the DVD rom the light comes on for about five seconds then goes off.

However I have never had trouble with DVD Writer before the DVD Rom jammed. I never had trouble with LG DVD Rom until it jammed and I bought a new one yesterday. I have rebooted 10 times. I have double checked my connections to the new LG DVD Rom. Twice after a reboot windows has shown message that it has installed DVD Writer and then showed it has installed LG DVD Rom. The strange thing is that DVD Writer has been in for six months,so why has windows show that it just installed it?
I just opened computer again and the DVD Writer is showing again as my E drive, (that is what it always was) I just tried DVD Writer again and it is working!
The DVD Rom does not show up anywhere (that was my F drive) and it still does not work.
Now this message just popped up on the screen. The spelling does not look right, BUT that is how it shows!

"The procedure entry point Get TimeZoneInfovmation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I hope you can help me with this, I will consider it as my 76th birthday present which is next month!
Cheerio. Norman
--
Born in London,England.
Now live in Victoria,BC,Canada.

Sir,

Based on the description of this issue, it may be that
the New DVD ROM Drive's jumper settings is set
incorrectly.

In case the jumper of the DVD Writer is set to Secondary
Slave, then please set the DVD ROM's jumper settings to
Secondary Master and check if the problem continues. Or
you can set the jumpers the other way around and check if
the DVD ROM drive is getting recognized.

Regarding the application error during the installation,
I would recommend that we fix the DVD ROM drive issue
first and later look into this issue.

Kind regards,
Srikanth N

confers no rights.

gotcha

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003

Thank you very much for answering. It was a jumper, a little grey piece of
plastic in the back of the cd rom! I did not know about this before.
Cheerio.