XP drivers for a Canon MultiPass 3500

July 28, 2004 9:23:02 PM

I have tried everything that Canon says to do and
what Microsoft says to do. Every time I install the XP
drivers for the multipass the system takes it as drivers
for Win-2000 and for NT. It will not acknowledge them as
for XP. So overall the printer will not work with XP Home.
Does anyone know of anything that may help to make it
work? I hate the printer itself but I also hate XP-
nothing but problems one after another.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 28, 2004 9:51:25 PM

Did you correctly UNINSTALL it first or are you just installing over and
over.....

DISCONNECT the printer from the PC.

Once you have uninstalled, REBOOT.

Download a new set of drivers from:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC.
www.coribright.com

"Paul" <carlajo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have tried everything that Canon says to do and
> what Microsoft says to do. Every time I install the XP
> drivers for the multipass the system takes it as drivers
> for Win-2000 and for NT. It will not acknowledge them as
> for XP. So overall the printer will not work with XP Home.
> Does anyone know of anything that may help to make it
> work? I hate the printer itself but I also hate XP-
> nothing but problems one after another.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 29, 2004 7:36:16 PM

Cari (MS MVP) wrote:
> Did you correctly UNINSTALL it first or are you just installing over
> and over.....
>
> DISCONNECT the printer from the PC.
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> Once you have uninstalled, REBOOT.
>
> Download a new set of drivers from:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

> Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC.

Hiya how are you?

Drop us an email sometime (even if it /is/ just a few words!)

Love,

Me
xxxxxxx
a b \ Driver
July 30, 2004 1:15:39 PM

This is not your personal chat room. Stop eating up bandwidth.

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others...
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
-----

> Cari (MS MVP) wrote:
>> Did you correctly UNINSTALL it first or are you just installing over
>> and over.....
>>
>> DISCONNECT the printer from the PC.
>>
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>
>> Once you have uninstalled, REBOOT.
>>
>> Download a new set of drivers from:
>>
> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...
>>
>> Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC.
>
> Hiya how are you?
>
> Drop us an email sometime (even if it /is/ just a few words!)
>
> Love,
>
> Me
> xxxxxxx

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 1, 2004 4:20:06 AM

Who died and put you in charge?

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service
"PCyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
> This is not your personal chat room. Stop eating up bandwidth.
>
> --
> Paul Cyr
>
> -----
>
> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>
> Protect Yourself and Others...
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
> -----
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> > Cari (MS MVP) wrote:
> >> Did you correctly UNINSTALL it first or are you just installing
over
> >> and over.....
> >>
> >> DISCONNECT the printer from the PC.
> >>
> >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >>
> >> Once you have uninstalled, REBOOT.
> >>
> >> Download a new set of drivers from:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

> >> Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC.
> >
> > Hiya how are you?
> >
> > Drop us an email sometime (even if it /is/ just a few words!)
> >
> > Love,
> >
> > Me
> > xxxxxxx

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 1, 2004 6:14:38 AM

Who was ever in charge to begin with? :)

----
Nathan McNulty

Star Fleet Admiral Q wrote:
> Who died and put you in charge?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 5, 2004 3:00:56 AM

No one, but I pay for this bandwidth, not to have MPT eat it up on the
off-topic stuff that she flips on other users for doing. This is
microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware not her chat room.

It is also hypocritcal of you to say this to me, when I'm responding to a
user that bosses other users around in an obscene manner.

--
Paul Cyr

-----

<Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(FORGET-SPAM)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Who died and put you in charge?
>
> --
>
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service
> "PCyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>> This is not your personal chat room. Stop eating up bandwidth.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Cyr
>>
>> -----
>>
>> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>>
>> Protect Yourself and Others...
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
>> -----
>>
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> over

> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

>> > Hiya how are you?
>> >
>> > Drop us an email sometime (even if it /is/ just a few words!)
>> >
>> > Love,
>> >
>> > Me
>> > xxxxxxx

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 8, 2004 1:33:05 PM

I'm starting to hate XP and my Multipass F50, too.

MONTHS ago I had XP trouble and after about an hour on the phone with tech
support they suggested I just dump everything and reinstall XP. Since doing
that, I've not been able to reinstall my F50.

I spent FIVE HOURS on the phone last Thursday with tech support from Canon
and XP. Canon blamed XP for the problem and the XP tech support person
didn't seem to understand a word I said.

I've done all the register stuff suggested in other posts but I'm still
having this problem: I make it through installation to the "select program
folder" and "set up" status screens, the progress line zips all the way to
100%, then I get this error message: "Failed to register MPServic.exe to
Windows NT as Device or Services." What? NT? I have XP!

This is just the latest in a series of error messages I've encountered over
the past few months while trying to reinstall this thing. I have all the
latest drivers from Canon and it worked perfectly until I had to dump XP and
reinstall it. I fixed the print spooler and it's nasty little message and
I've gotten my computer to actually recognize the F50, but I'm stuck on this
latest error.

Any suggestions? If I don't get this fixed soon, I'll have to start
drinking alone during the day. Heavily.

Thanks!
Adrianne

"Paul" wrote:

> I have tried everything that Canon says to do and
> what Microsoft says to do. Every time I install the XP
> drivers for the multipass the system takes it as drivers
> for Win-2000 and for NT. It will not acknowledge them as
> for XP. So overall the printer will not work with XP Home.
> Does anyone know of anything that may help to make it
> work? I hate the printer itself but I also hate XP-
> nothing but problems one after another.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 8, 2004 3:11:36 PM

NT5.1 is the alternative name for WindowsXP.

Call Microsoft for the hotfix as per Alan Morris's posting:
Pickup the tcpip.sys file available from MS. There is not a fee for this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
Programs that connect to IP addresses that are in the loopback address range
may not work as you expect in Windows XP Service Pack 2

www.coribright.com

"Adrianne" <Adrianne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm starting to hate XP and my Multipass F50, too.
>
> MONTHS ago I had XP trouble and after about an hour on the phone with tech
> support they suggested I just dump everything and reinstall XP. Since
> doing
> that, I've not been able to reinstall my F50.
>
> I spent FIVE HOURS on the phone last Thursday with tech support from Canon
> and XP. Canon blamed XP for the problem and the XP tech support person
> didn't seem to understand a word I said.
>
> I've done all the register stuff suggested in other posts but I'm still
> having this problem: I make it through installation to the "select
> program
> folder" and "set up" status screens, the progress line zips all the way to
> 100%, then I get this error message: "Failed to register MPServic.exe to
> Windows NT as Device or Services." What? NT? I have XP!
>
> This is just the latest in a series of error messages I've encountered
> over
> the past few months while trying to reinstall this thing. I have all the
> latest drivers from Canon and it worked perfectly until I had to dump XP
> and
> reinstall it. I fixed the print spooler and it's nasty little message and
> I've gotten my computer to actually recognize the F50, but I'm stuck on
> this
> latest error.
>
> Any suggestions? If I don't get this fixed soon, I'll have to start
> drinking alone during the day. Heavily.
>
> Thanks!
> Adrianne
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
>> I have tried everything that Canon says to do and
>> what Microsoft says to do. Every time I install the XP
>> drivers for the multipass the system takes it as drivers
>> for Win-2000 and for NT. It will not acknowledge them as
>> for XP. So overall the printer will not work with XP Home.
>> Does anyone know of anything that may help to make it
>> work? I hate the printer itself but I also hate XP-
>> nothing but problems one after another.

May 29, 2009 4:51:03 AM

I got the same error message on repeated attempts to reinstall my Canon Multipass C530 driver under Windows XP ("Failed to register MPServic.exe to Windows NT as Device or Services"). Here's the solution that worked for me, helped by the information at http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm.

Download Microsoft's Windows Resource Kit Tools from
and run cleanspl.exe to clean your print spool. (Ignore the box for filling in a computer name and just select Clean Spooler. Say no to all questions that ask whether you want to remove various Windows components.) I found that after doing this, the reinstall of the printer driver was able to run to completion successfully. Whew!

Art
!