ATA133 RAID Card

Hi there,
Anyone have any experience on Best Connection PCI IDE ATA133 RAID
Controller (SIL0680 Chipset)card? Is it bootable? I'm looking for a cheap
RAID card for my ATA HDs and P4P800 MB that can do RAID0.

wayview schrieb:

> Hi there,
> Anyone have any experience on Best Connection PCI IDE ATA133 RAID
> Controller (SIL0680 Chipset)card?

Based on what I read the Sil0680 can cause you quite some grief.

> Is it bootable? I'm looking for a cheap
> RAID card for my ATA HDs and P4P800 MB that can do RAID0.

Why not use the ICH5R on the P4P800 for that? It isn't hampered by PCI
performance either, which becomes relevant at the sequential transfer
rates of current drives (expect 110...115 MB/s max for PCI32/33 and up
to 60 MB/s for a single still-current 7200 rpm drive, with the new
models being faster). If you want to use some drives separately and the
BIOS should not allow this, something like a Promise Ultra[100|133]TX2
(with current BIOS and U133TX2 drivers) should take those.
BTW, I hope you have good reasons for wanting to use RAID0, along with a
decent backup concept.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W