  • SATA
  • DVD Drives
  • Windows XP
July 29, 2004 8:19:44 AM

HI,

I'm new to SATA drives and I'm not sure if the
configuration on my pc is correct, I have:

- One SATA Hard Disk drive on SATA1 connector
- One DVD drive on Primary Master connector
- One DVD Writer drive on Secondary Master connector

The SATA HD uses also the 7pin power lead

Is this correct?

Do I need to leave the BIOS settings for "Asus Promise
Controller" to RAID Enabled??

Thank you

More about : sata dvd drive setup

July 29, 2004 11:28:01 AM

"luzippu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:658401c4755d$f336ce00$a401280a@phx.gbl...

> The SATA HD uses also the 7pin power lead
>
> Is this correct?

Yes

> Do I need to leave the BIOS settings for "Asus Promise
> Controller" to RAID Enabled??

No, since it is only one drive (it will still be a fast SATA drive), you simply need to have the BIOS "auto-detect" the drive, and save/OK out. You only need to have it recognise it as RAID, if you actually have that kind of a setup (which would be two drives /mirrored/striped).
!