SATA HD and DVD Drive setup

HI,

I'm new to SATA drives and I'm not sure if the
configuration on my pc is correct, I have:

- One SATA Hard Disk drive on SATA1 connector
- One DVD drive on Primary Master connector
- One DVD Writer drive on Secondary Master connector

The SATA HD uses also the 7pin power lead

Is this correct?

Do I need to leave the BIOS settings for "Asus Promise
Controller" to RAID Enabled??

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about sata drive setup

    "luzippu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:658401c4755d$f336ce00$a401280a@phx.gbl...

    > The SATA HD uses also the 7pin power lead
    >
    > Is this correct?

    Yes

    > Do I need to leave the BIOS settings for "Asus Promise
    > Controller" to RAID Enabled??

    No, since it is only one drive (it will still be a fast SATA drive), you simply need to have the BIOS "auto-detect" the drive, and save/OK out. You only need to have it recognise it as RAID, if you actually have that kind of a setup (which would be two drives /mirrored/striped).

SATA DVD Drives Windows XP