no beeps, no video

just put together a8n motherboard and get no video for bios and no beeps
from system
see keyboard lights flash on power up dvd rom will light up, fans come on in
case
any ideas ?????

this has been a pain in the a--
bought this barebone system from tiger direct.....

help....

"scott l ferri" <sferri1@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> just put together a8n motherboard and get no video for bios and no beeps
> from system
> see keyboard lights flash on power up dvd rom will light up, fans come on
in
> case
> any ideas ?????
>
> this has been a pain in the a--
> bought this barebone system from tiger direct.....
>
> help....

IDE plug wrong way around, Pin1 not at correct end of socket?

i plug speakers in and got message cpu failed test,
called tiger direct they pawned me off on asus thinking maybe i need bios
upgrade...
how do you uograde bios if you can't boot ??????
plus no floppy, could install one if i need it.....thought they were a thing
of the past,...haha

"scott l ferri" <sferri1@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> just put together a8n motherboard and get no video for bios and no beeps
> from system
> see keyboard lights flash on power up dvd rom will light up, fans come on
> in case
> any ideas ?????
>
> this has been a pain in the a--
> bought this barebone system from tiger direct.....
>
> help....

jeff

I had a similar problem with a P5AD2. Fans run, power light on, MB LED on.
but no post. I removed the CPU, and reinstalled it. Booted fine, has been
running perfectly for past month.
I just unlatched the clamp, lifted the cpu, and set it back in the socket
and re latched it. Guess it didn't like the first CPU install, what can you
say??

Jeff