Hi Experts!

I have just installed a USB2 PCI Card and assumed the installation went ok.
However when I connect my iRiver Digital Audio PLayer I get a message about
a HiSpeed USB device is connected to a non-hi speed usb hub.

I have XP with latest updates. Asus a7v mobo. No error messages in Device
Manager

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Steve

See if the following KB Article helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329632&Product=winxp
www.coribright.com

"Steve Ford" <steveford77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Experts!
>
> I have just installed a USB2 PCI Card and assumed the installation went
> ok.
> However when I connect my iRiver Digital Audio PLayer I get a message
> about
> a HiSpeed USB device is connected to a non-hi speed usb hub.
>
> I have XP with latest updates. Asus a7v mobo. No error messages in Device
> Manager
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

First, are you sure the PCI Card was USB 2.0 Compliant? And second, are
you sure the iRivier Digital Audio Player is USB 2.0 Compliant? Both
must be USB2 in order to work that way. It doesn't sound like this is
the problem here though.

It sounds like the proper drivers for the PCI Card weren't installed or
the PCI Card isn't actually USB 2.0.

----
Nathan McNulty

Steve Ford wrote:
> Hi Experts!
>
> I have just installed a USB2 PCI Card and assumed the installation went ok.
> However when I connect my iRiver Digital Audio PLayer I get a message about
> a HiSpeed USB device is connected to a non-hi speed usb hub.
>
> I have XP with latest updates. Asus a7v mobo. No error messages in Device
> Manager
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

See in line response.......

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:15:02 -0700, "Cari \(MS MVP\)"
<Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote:

>See if the following KB Article helps:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329632&Product=winxp
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Steve Ford" <steveford77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Experts!
>>
>> I have just installed a USB2 PCI Card and assumed the installation went
>> ok.
>> However when I connect my iRiver Digital Audio PLayer I get a message
>> about
>> a HiSpeed USB device is connected to a non-hi speed usb hub.

Is the hub rated for 2.0?

>> I have XP with latest updates. Asus a7v mobo. No error messages in Device
>> Manager
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve

Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond.
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

Thanks - have checked and all the drivers match the ones in list

Still doesn't work though

Steve
"Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> See if the following KB Article helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329632&Product=winxp
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Steve Ford" <steveford77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Experts!
> >
> > I have just installed a USB2 PCI Card and assumed the installation went
> > ok.
> > However when I connect my iRiver Digital Audio PLayer I get a message
> > about
> > a HiSpeed USB device is connected to a non-hi speed usb hub.
> >
> > I have XP with latest updates. Asus a7v mobo. No error messages in
Device
> > Manager
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Steve

Yes both 2.0 compliant

Drivers are the ones listed as most recent on MS knowledge base page

Steve
"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> First, are you sure the PCI Card was USB 2.0 Compliant? And second, are
> you sure the iRivier Digital Audio Player is USB 2.0 Compliant? Both
> must be USB2 in order to work that way. It doesn't sound like this is
> the problem here though.
>
> It sounds like the proper drivers for the PCI Card weren't installed or
> the PCI Card isn't actually USB 2.0.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Steve Ford wrote:
> > Hi Experts!
> >
> > I have just installed a USB2 PCI Card and assumed the installation went
ok.
> > However when I connect my iRiver Digital Audio PLayer I get a message
about
> > a HiSpeed USB device is connected to a non-hi speed usb hub.
> >
> > I have XP with latest updates. Asus a7v mobo. No error messages in
Device
> > Manager
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> >
> > Thanks