A8N SLi Deluxe and ATI

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
January 24, 2005 2:23:52 PM

This may sound stupid but has anyone tried an SLi mobo, preferably the
A8N SLi Deluxe, with an ATI video card?

Reason...I'm in the process of building an FX-55 system and would like
to stick with ASUS for the motherboard and prefer the nForce4 chip set.
ASUS doesn't appear to offer a 939 board with nForce4 chipset other
than the SLI Deluxe - yet. I'm leaning towards getting the ATI 800XT or
850XT video cards, when they become available, namely because they are
supposedly quieter than an nVidia equivalent. I have no preference of
ATI over nVidia or vice versa, just looking for a kick-a55 card that is
quiet without water cooling.

More about : a8n sli deluxe ati

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2005 7:58:19 PM

"Tim" <tkski33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This may sound stupid but has anyone tried an SLi mobo, preferably the
> A8N SLi Deluxe, with an ATI video card?
>
> Reason...I'm in the process of building an FX-55 system and would like
> to stick with ASUS for the motherboard and prefer the nForce4 chip set.
> ASUS doesn't appear to offer a 939 board with nForce4 chipset other
> than the SLI Deluxe - yet. I'm leaning towards getting the ATI 800XT or
> 850XT video cards, when they become available, namely because they are
> supposedly quieter than an nVidia equivalent. I have no preference of
> ATI over nVidia or vice versa, just looking for a kick-a55 card that is
> quiet without water cooling.

Running one X800 here without a hitch on A8N-SLi.

Jon
January 24, 2005 7:58:20 PM

40 PC SOCKET SET wrote:
> "Tim" <tkski33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>This may sound stupid but has anyone tried an SLi mobo, preferably the
>>A8N SLi Deluxe, with an ATI video card?
>>
>>Reason...I'm in the process of building an FX-55 system and would like
>>to stick with ASUS for the motherboard and prefer the nForce4 chip set.
>> ASUS doesn't appear to offer a 939 board with nForce4 chipset other
>>than the SLI Deluxe - yet. I'm leaning towards getting the ATI 800XT or
>>850XT video cards, when they become available, namely because they are
>>supposedly quieter than an nVidia equivalent. I have no preference of
>>ATI over nVidia or vice versa, just looking for a kick-a55 card that is
>>quiet without water cooling.
>

> Running one X800 here without a hitch on A8N-SLi.
>
> Jon

Thanks for the info, Jon. I'd hate to sink that kind of money into a
video card only to find that it won't work or works below normal
parameters. I'm currently running a ti4400 at 1600x1200 but it's fan
has a high pitched whine that I'll be grateful to be rid of.

Thanks again,
Tim
Related resources
January 24, 2005 11:23:50 PM

>> supposedly quieter than an nVidia equivalent. I have no preference of
>> ATI over nVidia or vice versa, just looking for a kick-a55 card that is
>> quiet without water cooling.

I built a system just the other day using the A8N SLI and a 850XT. Runs like
a charm.

No probs here, but be sure to update the bios to the latest one. Asus writes
in the release notes in ther is a "native 850" support.

Frank
January 25, 2005 12:26:47 PM

Frank wrote:
>>>supposedly quieter than an nVidia equivalent. I have no preference of
>>>ATI over nVidia or vice versa, just looking for a kick-a55 card that is
>>>quiet without water cooling.
>>

> I built a system just the other day using the A8N SLI and a 850XT. Runs like
> a charm.
>
> No probs here, but be sure to update the bios to the latest one. Asus writes
> in the release notes in ther is a "native 850" support.
>
> Frank

Thanks for the info, Frank. What flavor 850XT did you use, if you don't
mind me asking?

Tim
January 25, 2005 8:43:27 PM

> Thanks for the info, Frank. What flavor 850XT did you use, if you don't
> mind me asking?
>
> Tim

I have been buying Powercolor every time I bought me an ATI card. Never was
a bad thing. Reasonable price, ATI reference layout (important) and stable.

For now it is the Powercolor X850XT

www.tul.com.tw

Frank
!