Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I upgraded my computer from windows 98 2nd eddition to
windows XP Pro. I have 2 hard drives on my computer, a
40 gig and a 2.6 gig back up, after installing windows XP
Pro, it showed my 40 gig was a 40 gig but my 2.6 gig show
as a 503 meg.FAT system hard drive, HELP what do I do to
fix this problem, now I know why they call XP " extra
problems "
Michael

Michael, how did you connect the 2.6G drive. Slave or master on the
Secondary IDE channel. Try the latter
if you havent done it and go into the Bios and make sure that all four
IDE settings are on Auto.