Halo LAN game over a router?

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's possible
to play against each other using just our router (without going to Gamespy,
or anywhere else)? Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about halo game router
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's
    possible
    > to play against each other using just our router (without going to
    Gamespy,
    > or anywhere else)? Thanks.

    Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the game
    and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Eric Foreman" <foreplay@ericsbasement.orgy> wrote in message
    > "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's
    > possible
    > > to play against each other using just our router (without going to
    > Gamespy,
    > > or anywhere else)? Thanks.
    > >
    > Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the
    game
    > and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.

    Thanks a lot, but I still have a problem. Using my computer, I create a LAN
    game. But when he goes to join the game, the list of servers is empty. We
    can't figure it out.

    We have a D-Link DI-604 router (with Gaming Mode enabled) and the most
    recent 1.04 patch for Halo. Can anyone offer any other advice? Thanks.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    > "Eric Foreman" <foreplay@ericsbasement.orgy> wrote in message
    > > "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > > Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's
    > > possible
    > > > to play against each other using just our router (without going to
    > > Gamespy,
    > > > or anywhere else)? Thanks.
    > > >
    > > Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the
    > game
    > > and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.
    > >

    > Thanks a lot, but I still have a problem. Using my computer, I create a
    LAN
    > game. But when he goes to join the game, the list of servers is empty.
    We
    > can't figure it out.
    >
    > We have a D-Link DI-604 router (with Gaming Mode enabled) and the most
    > recent 1.04 patch for Halo. Can anyone offer any other advice? Thanks.

    As he said, use the IP assigned by the router. If you don't know what that
    is, go to the machine that is serving the game and bring up a command
    prompt, and type

    ipconfig

    You'll see the address displayed (eg 192.168.1.100)

    Then, on the other machine select "direct IP" not lan game or internet game.
    Put in the IP you found above, and join the game.

    -Russ.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    What they are telling you isn't true. If you are using the router to share
    an internet connection, it is not a lan (network). You would select direct
    connect to enter ip and play that way.

    "Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message

    > "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Eric Foreman" <foreplay@ericsbasement.orgy> wrote in message
    >> > "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > possible
    >> > Gamespy,
    >> > >
    >> > Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the
    >> game
    >> > and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.
    >> >

    >> Thanks a lot, but I still have a problem. Using my computer, I create a
    > LAN
    >> game. But when he goes to join the game, the list of servers is empty.
    > We
    >> can't figure it out.
    >>
    >> We have a D-Link DI-604 router (with Gaming Mode enabled) and the most
    >> recent 1.04 patch for Halo. Can anyone offer any other advice? Thanks.
    >
    > As he said, use the IP assigned by the router. If you don't know what
    > that
    > is, go to the machine that is serving the game and bring up a command
    > prompt, and type
    >
    > ipconfig
    >
    > You'll see the address displayed (eg 192.168.1.100)
    >
    > Then, on the other machine select "direct IP" not lan game or internet
    > game.
    > Put in the IP you found above, and join the game.
    >
    > -Russ.

  5. LANoi users get to enjoy the following facilities...

    priceless!

    What sets LANoi apart from other similar

    applications is its simplicity in usage as it

    requires absolutely no port-forwarding, thanks to

    Windows Peer-to-Peer Networking infrastructure.
    • Play all your favorite LAN games with friends over

    the Internet like never before.
    www lanoninternet com (use dot . instead of space its an url)

Routers LAN Games Video Games