Halo LAN game over a router?

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's possible
to play against each other using just our router (without going to Gamespy,
or anywhere else)? Thanks.

"Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's
possible
> to play against each other using just our router (without going to
Gamespy,
> or anywhere else)? Thanks.

Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the game
and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.

"Eric Foreman" <foreplay@ericsbasement.orgy> wrote in message
> "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's
> possible
> > to play against each other using just our router (without going to
> Gamespy,
> > or anywhere else)? Thanks.
> >
> Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the
game
> and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.

Thanks a lot, but I still have a problem. Using my computer, I create a LAN
game. But when he goes to join the game, the list of servers is empty. We
can't figure it out.

We have a D-Link DI-604 router (with Gaming Mode enabled) and the most
recent 1.04 patch for Halo. Can anyone offer any other advice? Thanks.

somebody

> "Eric Foreman" <foreplay@ericsbasement.orgy> wrote in message
> > "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Me and my bro each bought a copy of Halo and were wondering if it's
> > possible
> > > to play against each other using just our router (without going to
> > Gamespy,
> > > or anywhere else)? Thanks.
> > >
> > Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the
> game
> > and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.
> >

> Thanks a lot, but I still have a problem. Using my computer, I create a
LAN
> game. But when he goes to join the game, the list of servers is empty.
We
> can't figure it out.
>
> We have a D-Link DI-604 router (with Gaming Mode enabled) and the most
> recent 1.04 patch for Halo. Can anyone offer any other advice? Thanks.

As he said, use the IP assigned by the router. If you don't know what that
is, go to the machine that is serving the game and bring up a command
prompt, and type

ipconfig

You'll see the address displayed (eg 192.168.1.100)

Then, on the other machine select "direct IP" not lan game or internet game.
Put in the IP you found above, and join the game.

-Russ.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

What they are telling you isn't true. If you are using the router to share
an internet connection, it is not a lan (network). You would select direct
connect to enter ip and play that way.

"Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message

> "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Eric Foreman" <foreplay@ericsbasement.orgy> wrote in message
>> > "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > possible
>> > Gamespy,
>> > >
>> > Yes you can. Just select multiplayer and then LAN. One player hosts the
>> game
>> > and the other joins using IP's assigned by your router.
>> >

>> Thanks a lot, but I still have a problem. Using my computer, I create a
> LAN
>> game. But when he goes to join the game, the list of servers is empty.
> We
>> can't figure it out.
>>
>> We have a D-Link DI-604 router (with Gaming Mode enabled) and the most
>> recent 1.04 patch for Halo. Can anyone offer any other advice? Thanks.
>
> As he said, use the IP assigned by the router. If you don't know what
> that
> is, go to the machine that is serving the game and bring up a command
> prompt, and type
>
> ipconfig
>
> You'll see the address displayed (eg 192.168.1.100)
>
> Then, on the other machine select "direct IP" not lan game or internet
> game.
> Put in the IP you found above, and join the game.
>
> -Russ.

benjamin Clarke

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
LANoi users get to enjoy the following facilities...

priceless!

What sets LANoi apart from other similar

applications is its simplicity in usage as it

requires absolutely no port-forwarding, thanks to

Windows Peer-to-Peer Networking infrastructure.
• Play all your favorite LAN games with friends over

the Internet like never before.
www lanoninternet com (use dot . instead of space its an url)