Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP ROM Update V1.00.07 - Anyone tried it

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
June 22, 2004 4:32:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi

Has anyone updated their iPAQ 41xx series ROM to V1.00.07 ?
The date of this update is 17th June 2004

I have a 4150 which I'm about to update, but it would be useful to
know if anyone has managed to do this successfully.

Also, does anyone has a list of issues this update fixes?

The link to the HP download is :

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us...

Thanks for any advice....

More about : rom update

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 22, 2004 10:55:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Stuart wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone updated their iPAQ 41xx series ROM to V1.00.07 ?
> The date of this update is 17th June 2004
>

HP's website seemed to be screwed up a little earlier. They were
showing 1.00.07 as the new version. The new version is V1.00.14. Near
the top of the page there is a link to the release notes which detail
the changes. I just updated my IPAQ after your post ... no problems so far.

--
PeteT
Remove DONTSPAM. to reply.
June 23, 2004 5:02:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

PeteT <rcb@DONTSPAMmozion.org> wrote in message news:<PPidnZy-J8dvJUXdRVn-gw@comcast.com>...
> Stuart wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Has anyone updated their iPAQ 41xx series ROM to V1.00.07 ?
> > The date of this update is 17th June 2004
> >
>
> HP's website seemed to be screwed up a little earlier. They were
> showing 1.00.07 as the new version. The new version is V1.00.14. Near
> the top of the page there is a link to the release notes which detail
> the changes. I just updated my IPAQ after your post ... no problems so far.

Thanks for that (I should have looked at the page more carefully!).

Am I right in thinking that the update completely initialises the machine?
Assume that once you re-partner and sync again, everything is restored, though?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 23, 2004 5:09:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Generally speaking, restoring a backup after an upgrade
is a bad idea, since it can cause many problems.
registry key changes, file changes.. overwriting it with
a backup can put your machine in between old and upgrade.



~S.





stuart.moore@orange.net (Stuart) wrote in
news:1d99747c.0406230002.2fd3f2c6@posting.google.com:

> Thanks for that (I should have looked at the page more carefully!).
>
> Am I right in thinking that the update completely initialises the
> machine? Assume that once you re-partner and sync again, everything is
> restored, though?



--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 23, 2004 10:33:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Stuart wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that the update completely initialises the machine?
Yes it effectively hard resets the machine.


> Assume that once you re-partner and sync again, everything is restored, though?
As ACE said, it is probably a bad idea to do a full restore of a backup
after the upgrade. If you just sync it, it should restore all your PIM
data. Applications would have to be reinstalled however.


--
PeteT
Remove DONTSPAM. to reply.
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 24, 2004 1:46:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Isn't it worth waiting until SE is available? Saves the hassle of a hard
reset. presumably SE upgrade will be around soon??
"PeteT" <rcb@DONTSPAMmozion.org> wrote in message
news:KJOdnZrfK6TzwUTd4p2dnA@comcast.com...
> Stuart wrote:
>
> > Am I right in thinking that the update completely initialises the
machine?
> Yes it effectively hard resets the machine.
>
>
> > Assume that once you re-partner and sync again, everything is restored,
though?
> As ACE said, it is probably a bad idea to do a full restore of a backup
> after the upgrade. If you just sync it, it should restore all your PIM
> data. Applications would have to be reinstalled however.
>
>
> --
> PeteT
> Remove DONTSPAM. to reply.
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 24, 2004 1:46:51 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Australian wrote:

> Isn't it worth waiting until SE is available? Saves the hassle of a hard
> reset. presumably SE upgrade will be around soon??

You could wait, but who knows when SE will be available. I only have
had my 4150 for a couple of months so I did not have a whole lot of
programs to reinstall. Also, after installing and uninstalling a whole
bunch of programs when I first got the IPaq, it was nice to start clean
to remove any orphaned files and registry enteries.

I'm just speculating, but the fact they released this update now may
mean that either SE won't be around soon or more likely it just won't be
free, otherwise what would be the point of releasing this update now?

--
PeteT
Remove DONTSPAM. to reply.
!