Looking for some assistance...

Situation:

Dual WD 250Gb SATA drives, mirrored... as my data storage.

I received an error that a drive had failed. I got a new drive from WD
and installed it.

Mirroring stopped at 4%, but i believe that was likely my fault, due
to some software called Magic Folders, which was installed and
blocking some folder access on that drive.

I rebooted, and the mirroring would not continue. In fact, the pc went
into an endless reboot.

I removed all power to the system, removed then reattached the SATA
cables... everything eventually came back.

mirroring completed.

Now, after a few hours up, the pc gave me a Delayed Write Error....
and i couldn't see any folder structure on that drive.
i rebooted, and the drives are missing again.

I'm remote desktop-ed into the pc now, so i'm gonna try rebooting a
few times. not sure what's going on though. i need some assistance.
it's run for over a year with no issues.

system is a P4C800E Deluxe, i'm using the intel raid
running bios 1018

rebooted 2 times, drives aren't coming back... will have to look when
i get home.

on occasion, very rare occasion, after multiple reboots i get a
hangup at boot that says overclocking failed.. yet i'm not
overclocking.

can't for the life of me figure out what's going on but i really
would love some assistance!

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:57:11 -0500, BobMarley
<brianh*REMOVEFOREMAIL*@conterra.*REMOVE*.com> wrote:

> Looking for some assistance...
>
> Situation:
>
>Dual WD 250Gb SATA drives, mirrored... as my data storage.
>
>I received an error that a drive had failed. I got a new drive from WD
>and installed it.
>
>Mirroring stopped at 4%, but i believe that was likely my fault, due
>to some software called Magic Folders, which was installed and
>blocking some folder access on that drive.
>
>I rebooted, and the mirroring would not continue. In fact, the pc went
>into an endless reboot.
>
> I removed all power to the system, removed then reattached the SATA
>cables... everything eventually came back.
>
> mirroring completed.
>
> Now, after a few hours up, the pc gave me a Delayed Write Error....
>and i couldn't see any folder structure on that drive.
> i rebooted, and the drives are missing again.
>
> I'm remote desktop-ed into the pc now, so i'm gonna try rebooting a
>few times. not sure what's going on though. i need some assistance.
>it's run for over a year with no issues.
>
> system is a P4C800E Deluxe, i'm using the intel raid
>running bios 1018

flashed bios to 1019.
upgraded intel INF drivers to the latest.... 6.013 or something like
that?

had to remove SATA cables and re-attach, and the drives came back.
logged out of XP and let it sit.

20 minutes later, error pops on the screen, delayed write error.
logged into xp just now, and the 250Gb drive is gone.

faulty raid controller???

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:57:11 -0500, BobMarley
<brianh*REMOVEFOREMAIL*@conterra.*REMOVE*.com> wrote:

> Looking for some assistance...
>
> Situation:
>
>Dual WD 250Gb SATA drives, mirrored... as my data storage.
>
>I received an error that a drive had failed. I got a new drive from WD
>and installed it.
>
>Mirroring stopped at 4%, but i believe that was likely my fault, due
>to some software called Magic Folders, which was installed and
>blocking some folder access on that drive.
>
>I rebooted, and the mirroring would not continue. In fact, the pc went
>into an endless reboot.
>
> I removed all power to the system, removed then reattached the SATA
>cables... everything eventually came back.
>
> mirroring completed.
>
> Now, after a few hours up, the pc gave me a Delayed Write Error....
>and i couldn't see any folder structure on that drive.
> i rebooted, and the drives are missing again.
>
> I'm remote desktop-ed into the pc now, so i'm gonna try rebooting a
>few times. not sure what's going on though. i need some assistance.
>it's run for over a year with no issues.
>
> system is a P4C800E Deluxe, i'm using the intel raid
>running bios 1018

Paul

Splendid

In article <c3mdv0p1nkt5fjtk6ar8gpn62496691hpd@4ax.com>, BobMarley
<brianh*REMOVEFOREMAIL*@conterra.*REMOVE*.com> wrote:

> flashed bios to 1019.
> upgraded intel INF drivers to the latest.... 6.013 or something like
> that?
>
> had to remove SATA cables and re-attach, and the drives came back.
> logged out of XP and let it sit.
>
> 20 minutes later, error pops on the screen, delayed write error.
> logged into xp just now, and the 250Gb drive is gone.
>
> faulty raid controller???

Power supply problem ? Have you looked in the BIOS monitor, to
see what values are listed for supply voltages ? Maybe something
is going on there.

Delayed write errors can also be caused by a certain ATI driver
and a system setting:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?threadm=02bd01c34510%240f564090%24a001280a%40phx.gbl

http://www.geocities.com/flood8496/radeon.html
points to: