Epson R200 ICC problem

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I installed R200 v.5.4 on Windows XP.

I can get fairly good print without using ICC,
like the first option mentioned in the following page:
http://www.normankoren.com/printer_calibration.html
In epson driver: set Gamma to 2.2 and Epson Standard Color

When I use the ICC method, I get dark images:
Here is what I do:

Edit the picture in Photoshop CS using Adobe RGB 1998 color space.
Print using Color Management
Source Space: Document: Adobe RGB 1998
Print Space: Stylus Photo R200 Series
Intent: Perceptual
User Black Compensation
Epson printer driver color management setting:
ICC
No Color Adjustment

The Stylus Photo R200 Series is the only ICC profile included in the driver.

[To make the matter worse, the OS X printer driver v.1.7 doesn't install in
Mac OS X 10.3.3 at all!]
3 answers Last reply
More about epson r200 problem
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    "leo" <jamesnospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I installed R200 v.5.4 on Windows XP.
    >
    > I can get fairly good print without using ICC,
    > like the first option mentioned in the following page:
    > http://www.normankoren.com/printer_calibration.html
    > In epson driver: set Gamma to 2.2 and Epson Standard Color
    >
    > When I use the ICC method, I get dark images:
    > Here is what I do:
    >
    > Edit the picture in Photoshop CS using Adobe RGB 1998 color space.
    > Print using Color Management
    > Source Space: Document: Adobe RGB 1998
    > Print Space: Stylus Photo R200 Series
    > Intent: Perceptual
    > User Black Compensation
    > Epson printer driver color management setting:
    > ICC
    > No Color Adjustment
    >
    > The Stylus Photo R200 Series is the only ICC profile included in the
    driver.

    > [To make the matter worse, the OS X printer driver v.1.7 doesn't install
    in
    > Mac OS X 10.3.3 at all!]

    ICC in Windows XP fixed!

    I just realize that the Epson driver does NOT install the additional ICC
    profiles for different Epson photo papers. There's a separate PIM setup
    program in the driver CD and it refuses to install the profile because I am
    not using the older Photoshop 6 or 7! It's pretty stupid for the driver not
    installing all the ICC profiles.

    Copied the profiles to ICC profile folder and selected Premium Glossy Photo
    Paper with great result. I am happy again.

    Well, the Mac OS X driver is still screwy though.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    > I just realize that the Epson driver does NOT install the additional ICC
    > profiles for different Epson photo papers. There's a separate PIM setup
    > program in the driver CD and it refuses to install the profile because I
    am
    > not using the older Photoshop 6 or 7! It's pretty stupid for the driver
    not
    > installing all the ICC profiles.
    >
    > Copied the profiles to ICC profile folder and selected Premium Glossy
    Photo
    > Paper with great result. I am happy again.

    ICC profiles aren't related to the Photoshop. It seems that it's a driver's
    bug. Profiles should be installed automaticaly with the drivers.
    You gave a good tip for R200 users.

    --
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    "Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message

    > ICC profiles aren't related to the Photoshop. It seems that it's a
    driver's
    > bug. Profiles should be installed automaticaly with the drivers.
    > You gave a good tip for R200 users.

    Yea, upon looking at the complete title of the setup program closely, it is
    called, "P.I.M. for Photoshop." It should really be part of the driver
    installation.

Printers Photo Epson Peripherals