How to disable 3d acceleration on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

keitho18

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
My ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 Continually crashes when running 3D games, I assume this has something to do with Directx (Direct3D) I currently have my 3d acceleration set to on, and cannot find how to disable it?

I Assume this is the issue? Thanks in adavance!

keitho18

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

In Dxdiag.exe Under the display tab it has all 3 options enabled, without the option to disable them, is there any way to fix this?

keitho18

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
The temperatures normally are around 51 degrees and when i run a 3D game it ups to around 56, i then closed the game fearing it crashing, is this normal? if so any other ideas? I swear it is something to do with 3d acceleration, can you permanently turn that off with everything?

Go to the "Screen resolution" display (from the right-click on Desktop menu), click on "Advanced" and select the "Troubleshooting" tab. This may, depending upon your card, have options to let you turn off various features of your video card.

keitho18

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
That was for CPU GPU was lower again. around 45.

The games i'm trying to play are simple games that hardly use 3D graphics.

Wish there was just a simple untick box...

Lets check and see what might have changed recently.
Run the Control Panel Programs option. Use the Uninstall a program choice.
Go ahead and click on the Date Installed column till you have the most recent installed stuff showing.
Find anything installed around the time your games stopped working?

keitho18

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I installed NBA 2K11 around when it stopped working, it installed some new directx program that seems embedded in my computer, (as i have formatted it since).

I'm really unsure what it is sorry.

Need to be more specific here. You formatted since you first had the problem, but are now still seeing it? Logic suggests then that it must be hardware or driver related.

Status
Not open for further replies.