hi

i have flashed my bios 1007 to 1009 , and it's ok
but i would like to know how configured s-ata

i've putted wires in sata ide , 2 hard disks ( master and slave , red
and black )
but in bios , i choose what ?

standard ide or ahci , not raid i'm not in raid ?
and controller ???
all for sata ide
( in perphérals system i have controller ata/atapi ide , 2 ide
principal , 1 secondaire , intel 82801 fb
ultra ata storage controller 2652
, intel 82801fb/fbm ultra ata storage controllers 266f , it's Ok that
??? )

and i have now s1 but before i have s3
and acpi mode 2 enabled or not ??

usb 2 full or high ? i have intellimouse optical MS ( 2 years old ) and
keyboard logitech 2 years old too

tia

I have the same board and the one thing I can answer is that you'll
want your USB set to High Speed to work at the fastest USB 2.0 speeds.

and

in advanced

controller ite 8212f : mode ide ?
--------------- silicon image : mode sata ?

in power supply
s1 pos ?
acpi 2,0 : compatible ?
support apic acpi ??

thx for help

hi

no help here ?
or nobody have p5ad2 premium ..??

Paul

Splendid

In article <mn.dbb57d51ac524258.25578@fear.fr>, id wrote:

> hi
>
> no help here ?
> or nobody have p5ad2 premium ..??

It might help if you ask one question at a time.

The new boards are very complicated.

In your question, you should state whether you want
RAID operation or that you want to operate the disks
as separate disks only. A completely different answer
will result if you ask for RAID operation.

Post a list of the disk drives that you want to use,
like this:

NEC1234 CD drive
Maxtor Diamondmax SATA (my boot drive)
Maxtor Diamondmax SATA (my data drive)

If you provide a little more context in your posting,
it will be easier for someone to answer you.

Nobody wants to write an entire "manual" to answer your
question, but if you frame your question carefully, it
makes it easier for someone to answer the question.

Suspend Mode [S3 Only] = will do Suspend To RAM when you select
Standby in Windows. This saves
electricity.
ACPI 2.0 Support [Yes] = I'm not sure this is an improvement,
but try it anyway.

The easiest way to get your system running, would be
as follows:

1) Connect a CD drive to PRI_IDE1. If the CD drive is alone,
place it at the end of the cable. You could use the
cable select jumper setting on the drive (if the IDE cable
has 80 wires), or you could set the drive to Master.

2) Connect your SATA drive to SATA1. The SATA drive only
allows a single device on the cable, so if there is any
jumper on the drive, "Master" is fine.

PRI_IDE1 and SATA1,SATA2,SATA3,SATA4 are connected to the
Intel Southbridge. No third party driver will be needed to
install Win2K or WinXP, if you use those connectors for your
storage devices. That is the simplest way to get started.

In section 4.3.6 of the manual, the default settings should
work. The default settings are:

Configure SATA as [Standard IDE]
Onboard IDE Operate Mode [Enhanced] (use this for Win2K or WinXP)
Enhanced Mode Support on [S-ATA] (leave the setting on S-ATA
even if no SATA drive is
connected)

Now, plug in your Microsoft Windows install CD, and install
the OS.

Once the system is install, install the chipset drivers.
You can get them from the Asus motherboard CD or from here:

"Intel(R) software Installation Utility V6.0.1.1002 for
Windows 2000/XP/2003"

http://france.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P5AD2%20Premium&Type=All

After the chipset drivers are installed, and you have rebooted,
you are ready for the next step.

You can add other disk drives, either to the interfaces on the
Intel ICH6 or to the other controllers on the motherboard
(like ITE8212F or SIL3114R). When using the latter two chips,
you'll need to install a further driver from the Asus motherboard
CD, to enable operation with those chips.

If you start with only a single disk drive and a single CD
drive connected, it makes it very easy to understand where
the OS is being installed. That is why I suggest as simple
a configuration as possible, to get started.

Hope that helps,
Paul

TRENDING THREADS