Hi

i need help with my computer. my mouse has stopped
working and me background has gone funny. i wanna reload
my windows 98. so i can wipe it clean but i dont no how.
please help.

me not understand!
do you have 98 on now and want to reload it?
or
do you have XP on it now and want to reload 98?

--
Haus
Live your life so that whenever you lose, you are ahead.

"hi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i need help with my computer. my mouse has stopped
> working and me background has gone funny. i wanna reload
> my windows 98. so i can wipe it clean but i dont no how.
> please help.

I told you this earlier:

Go here and read how to make a boot disk:
http://www.mvps.org/winmac/bootdisk.html

Now, leave that disk in the drive and reboot. The computer should read
the disk and boot off it. Choose to boot with CD ROM support. Now you
are going to type this in the command prompt:

FORMAT C: /q

This will format your C: Drive (assuming that is what you want to
format) and will ERASE all of your data, so be sure to back it up. Press
Y to answer Yes and click Enter. It will finish formatting quickly and
then you should type this in the command prompt:

D: <enter>(assuming this is the name of your CD ROM Drive that it tells
you at the beginning)

Setup <enter>

You should be on your way ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Haus wrote:
> me not understand!
> do you have 98 on now and want to reload it?
> or
> do you have XP on it now and want to reload 98?

TRENDING THREADS