Need help setting up a new Asus A8V Deluxe mother board

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 26, 2005 6:32:21 PM

This is the current setup.

CPU: AMD 64 3200+ ATHLON 64 512K RTL
MB: Asus A8V Deluxe K8T800PRO
VIDEO: ATI
MEM: Crucial DDR PC3200 512MB . CL=3 . UNBUFFERED . NON-ECC . DDR400 .
2.6V . 64Meg x 64 part #CT6464Z40B
CASE: Antec Workstation Tower SX835II with a 350W PS

I've set up several systems but never encountered this before. I turn the
case on, fans run but no posting or errors messages. Nothing. screen is
blank. Is the PS too small for the CPU. Would you recommend different
memory? I don't think the HD case is even running. Any thoughts? Thanks
in advance.

Steven B
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 27, 2005 1:54:48 AM

"steven berg" <slberg@mfire.com> wrote in message
> This is the current setup.
>
> CPU: AMD 64 3200+ ATHLON 64 512K RTL
> MB: Asus A8V Deluxe K8T800PRO
> VIDEO: ATI
> MEM: Crucial DDR PC3200 512MB . CL=3 . UNBUFFERED . NON-ECC . DDR400 .
> 2.6V . 64Meg x 64 part #CT6464Z40B
> CASE: Antec Workstation Tower SX835II with a 350W PS
>
> I've set up several systems but never encountered this before. I turn the
> case on, fans run but no posting or errors messages. Nothing. screen is
> blank. Is the PS too small for the CPU. Would you recommend different
> memory? I don't think the HD case is even running. Any thoughts? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Steven B

Hi Steven
Possibly you have an earlier bios than that which supports the winchesters?
If that is what your version of A64? You may try clearing the cmos by
removing
the bat. and reposition the jumper. Remove the power cable from the mains
too.
Plug some speakers in and see if you get a voice message?
hth, good luck
Eddy
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 27, 2005 2:02:04 AM

"fasteddy" <nospam@nospam"100".com> wrote in message

> "steven berg" <slberg@mfire.com> wrote in message
>> This is the current setup.
>>
>> CPU: AMD 64 3200+ ATHLON 64 512K RTL
>> MB: Asus A8V Deluxe K8T800PRO
>> VIDEO: ATI
>> MEM: Crucial DDR PC3200 512MB . CL=3 . UNBUFFERED . NON-ECC . DDR400 .
>> 2.6V . 64Meg x 64 part #CT6464Z40B
>> CASE: Antec Workstation Tower SX835II with a 350W PS
>>
>> I've set up several systems but never encountered this before. I turn
>> the
>> case on, fans run but no posting or errors messages. Nothing. screen is
>> blank. Is the PS too small for the CPU. Would you recommend different
>> memory? I don't think the HD case is even running. Any thoughts?
>> Thanks
>> in advance.
>>
>> Steven B
>>

> Hi Steven
> Possibly you have an earlier bios than that which supports the
> winchesters?
> If that is what your version of A64? You may try clearing the cmos by
> removing
> the bat. and reposition the jumper. Remove the power cable from the mains
> too.
> Plug some speakers in and see if you get a voice message?
> hth, good luck
> Eddy

Oh btw... your psu has the required 4pin 12v plug I hope?
!