External drive path changed

After unplugging my external drive for a few hours, it went from being my "D" drive to my "G" drive. Now all the shortcuts to programs that were on the D drive are broken. Is there a way to fix this without having to rebuild all these links? Thanks in advance for your help.

Try this:

Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management, right
click on the drive that is your external drive and change the drive
letter back. You may have to rearrange other drive letters to set it
back to this if you have plugged in any other external drives that took
over that letter ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

swimfast wrote:
> After unplugging my external drive for a few hours, it went from being my "D" drive to my "G" drive. Now all the shortcuts to programs that were on the D drive are broken. Is there a way to fix this without having to rebuild all these links? Thanks in advance for your help.

Perfect! Thanks a lot.