cheryl

Whenever I plug a serial cable into the serial port it
triggers the automatic shutdown feature every time I
reboot. In Control Panel/Power Management/UPS it says "the
UPS service is currently stopped" but it is obviously
still working. How can I use my serial port for something
other than UPS and stop the automatic shutdown?

Open your power supply options click on the UPS Tab, click select the set
the Select Manufacturer and set it to none if you do not have the UPS cable
hooked up.

--
Haus
Live your life so that whenever you lose, you are ahead.