CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I seem to have a problem with the mice on both of my
machines. They tend to lag when either the CD/DVD is
access or programs are loaded (returns to normal once
access completed or program is running?). It is a little
puzzling as both have just had a fresh install of XP.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

CJ

That happens on a lot of computers, but mainly older computers. You can
try updating the mouse software and maybe any CD access software you
have installed. Also, you can try disabling Autoplay and see if the
problem still occurs.

----
Nathan McNulty

CJ wrote:
> I seem to have a problem with the mice on both of my
> machines. They tend to lag when either the CD/DVD is
> access or programs are loaded (returns to normal once
> access completed or program is running?). It is a little
> puzzling as both have just had a fresh install of XP.
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> CJ

Thanks, unfortunately they are newer systems P4 2Gig and
an Athlon XP 3000 with 768Mb of ram in each. tried turning
off autoplay with no effect. Unsure if it is a mouse
problem or maybe a video one?

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:30:36 -0700,

>Thanks, unfortunately they are newer systems P4 2Gig and
>an Athlon XP 3000 with 768Mb of ram in each. tried turning
>off autoplay with no effect. Unsure if it is a mouse
>problem or maybe a video one?

Its more than likely an XP problem...trying to decide what to do with
the CD. Or maybe even a Media Player problem.

Open up your Task Manager...and watch the processes or performance.
Then use the player...and see what processes are takin' up your CPU
cycles.

Have a nice week...

Trent

What do you call a smart blonde?