Asus 32MB scandisk needs driver???

I got a free 32MB Asus scandisk with purchase of P4PE-BP but never used it.
Yesterday I saw the box and checked it out. The box says no driver needed
(which is the only way it would make sense to use it) but when I plugged it
into
my w2k OS system, the first thing that pops up is missing driver window.
And
it will not appear in My Computer without driver.

Anyone know what gives???

Thanks

"dancer" <dancerjen@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I got a free 32MB Asus scandisk with purchase of P4PE-BP but never used
>it.
>Yesterday I saw the box and checked it out. The box says no driver needed
>(which is the only way it would make sense to use it) but when I plugged
>it
>into
>my w2k OS system, the first thing that pops up is missing driver window.
>And
>it will not appear in My Computer without driver.
>
>Anyone know what gives???
>
>Thanks

You can only use usb-sticks on 98se/me/xp without aditional drivers.
For others you need to download the driver. Check the Asus site for
the w2000 driver.

Nickeldome

"dancer" <dancerjen@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I got a free 32MB Asus scandisk with purchase of P4PE-BP but never used
>it.
>Yesterday I saw the box and checked it out. The box says no driver needed
>(which is the only way it would make sense to use it) but when I plugged
>it
>into
>my w2k OS system, the first thing that pops up is missing driver window.
>And
>it will not appear in My Computer without driver.
>
>Anyone know what gives???
>
>Thanks

You can only use usb-sticks on 98se/me/xp without aditional drivers.
For others you need to download the driver. Check the Asus site for
the w2000 driver.

Nickeldome

Venom

It means no driver needed with XP.

"dancer" <dancerjen@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I got a free 32MB Asus scandisk with purchase of P4PE-BP but never used
it.
> Yesterday I saw the box and checked it out. The box says no driver needed
> (which is the only way it would make sense to use it) but when I plugged
it
> into
> my w2k OS system, the first thing that pops up is missing driver window.
> And
> it will not appear in My Computer without driver.
>
> Anyone know what gives???
>
> Thanks

ahhh, the box said win98 would need a driver but that all other OS's would
NOT.
oh well, thanks much for the info. I didn't buy the board for the USB flash
anyway.
And besides, they have become so cheap that I can afford a larger one now.
But
is this true of all flash USB's????
Thanks