My driver is CDWRITER 3212. When I first boot my machine the drive reads
disks and I am able to burn disks. After some time, not sure how long, the
drive no longer reads or writes. A folder opens up when I put a disk in but
it is empty and says the disk is 0 bytes etc. If I then go to the device
manager click on CDWRITER 3212 and select "scan for h/w changes" the driver
disappears from the list. Anyone have a clue as to what is happening???
There doesn't appear to be any conflicts in the device manager list...This
has happened since day one. I have tried reseating the cables, making it a
slave on the same bus as the HD, but nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance.

LJ

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

----