wireless newby

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
January 17, 2005 12:03:43 PM

hi
I've just signed up to wanadoo ADSL.
does anybody know if I have to connect the free broadband modem supplied to
my D Link DI-624 802.11g / b Wireless Router of can I connect the router
straight to the ADSL line - so skipping the modem
thanks
Chris

More about : wireless newby

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 17, 2005 12:03:44 PM

"Crispy Sea" <crispysea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I've just signed up to wanadoo ADSL.
> does anybody know if I have to connect the free broadband modem supplied
> my D Link DI-624 802.11g / b Wireless Router of can I connect the router
> straight to the ADSL line - so skipping the modem
> thanks
> Chris

You have to connect the modem, that is what receives the signal.
January 17, 2005 10:30:36 PM

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote in message
> "Crispy Sea" <crispysea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi
>> I've just signed up to wanadoo ADSL.
>> does anybody know if I have to connect the free broadband modem supplied
>> my D Link DI-624 802.11g / b Wireless Router of can I connect the router
>> straight to the ADSL line - so skipping the modem
>> thanks
>> Chris
>
> You have to connect the modem, that is what receives the signal.

Some routers have a built in modem but the DI-642 doesn't so you will have
to connect a modem to the WAN port. Unfortunately the free one you get from
Wanadoo is a USB one so won't connect to the router. You need an Ethernet
one such as
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=4...
or a combo router/modem such as
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=4...
January 18, 2005 2:27:04 AM

Hi
You do need th Modem, and you do need to make sure that you have the correct
setup.
DSL-PPPOE http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

!