A8N first power up...nothing :-(

Geo

Howdy, I emailed someone named "fasteddy"...is he here?

Anyway, I have an Asus A8N-SLI with an Asus X800XT video card. I
can't see anything when I first power on, I get the single beep (no
beep codes in manual).

I have the DVI-VGA adapter plugged in because I'm using a VGA
monitor...does this matter...perhaps? I see nothing on the xreen, the
keyboard plights up and reboots when I hit C-A-D, but I see nothing.

Thanks,

George

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Geo

WOW, Ed told me to plug in the middle molex ez-power plug and it
worked! Thanks Ed! George

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

<Geo> wrote in message news:eek:idlv0d9g1pgcg68n36l2guo5j8km46lha@4ax.com...
> Howdy, I emailed someone named "fasteddy"...is he here?
>
> Anyway, I have an Asus A8N-SLI with an Asus X800XT video card. I
> can't see anything when I first power on, I get the single beep (no
> beep codes in manual).
>
> I have the DVI-VGA adapter plugged in because I'm using a VGA
> monitor...does this matter...perhaps? I see nothing on the xreen, the
> keyboard plights up and reboots when I hit C-A-D, but I see nothing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George
>

> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
> x-- Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day - $8.95/Month
> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

For sure it is.

<Geo> wrote in message news:eek:idlv0d9g1pgcg68n36l2guo5j8km46lha@4ax.com...
> Howdy, I emailed someone named "fasteddy"...is he here?
>
> Anyway, I have an Asus A8N-SLI with an Asus X800XT video card. I
> can't see anything when I first power on, I get the single beep (no
> beep codes in manual).
>
> I have the DVI-VGA adapter plugged in because I'm using a VGA
> monitor...does this matter...perhaps? I see nothing on the xreen, the
> keyboard plights up and reboots when I hit C-A-D, but I see nothing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

Hi George

Dunno if you mean me? I don't have your board so I'm probably not
the best choice anyway!
Have you an old PCI graphics card you could try?
Is the SLi selector card in the single card position?
Additional power plugs inserted into the MBoard and video card?
Tried the other DVI port on the card?
Reset the CMOS?
Big beefy power supply?
Monitor switched on?... Sorry!
I hope something works for you.. or someone comes along with
1st hand experience.
Good luck
Eddy

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Anyway, I have an Asus A8N-SLI with an Asus X800XT video card. I
> can't see anything when I first power on, I get the single beep (no
> beep codes in manual).
>
> I have the DVI-VGA adapter plugged in because I'm using a VGA
> monitor...does this matter...perhaps? I see nothing on the xreen, the
> keyboard plights up and reboots when I hit C-A-D, but I see nothing.

I got your board.

1) You DO have connected the Power Cord to the Graphoc card, do you? It need
extra power
2) You do have Connected the 4 PIN extra power plug to the mainboard, do
you?

Post more specs, like amount of memory you are using and if it is 1 stick,
or two and in which slot it is.

The more detailed you are the more likely we can help you.

Try reseating (plug them out and then in agein) all of your cards and the
memory.

Post the specs and i will see, for now I´m going to sleep

Frank

<Geo> wrote in message news:nlllv090vi7dl2jnm382aamtlu2bd0purb@4ax.com...
> WOW, Ed told me to plug in the middle molex ez-power plug and it
> worked! Thanks Ed! George

I did? Whey! Result... enjoy!
Cheers
Eddy