Anti-virus disable for printer install

The first step of install instructions with my new
printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
How do I do this?

Right click on the antivirus's icon in the Systray and select Close, Snooze,
Close or whatever appropriate option is available to you.
www.coribright.com

"Bill F" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The first step of install instructions with my new
> printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
> How do I do this?

peter

Start/run/msconfig, click the startup tab and then uncheck the box(es) for the antivirus software, click Apply then reboot.

--
Peter

"Bill F" wrote:

> The first step of install instructions with my new
> printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
> How do I do this?

Just make sure to re-enable it when you are done ;)

There should be an easier way to just disable it by clicking on the the
icon and look for Disable, Close, etc.

----
Nathan McNulty

Peter wrote:
> Start/run/msconfig, click the startup tab and then uncheck the box(es) for the antivirus software, click Apply then reboot.

Just remember to turn it ON again, afterwards! Running without antivirus is
a VERY dangerous thing to do these days.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com