Anti-virus disable for printer install

The first step of install instructions with my new
printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
How do I do this?
4 answers Last reply
More about anti virus disable printer install

    Right click on the antivirus's icon in the Systray and select Close, Snooze,
    Close or whatever appropriate option is available to you.
    www.coribright.com

    "Bill F" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The first step of install instructions with my new
    > printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
    > How do I do this?

    Start/run/msconfig, click the startup tab and then uncheck the box(es) for the antivirus software, click Apply then reboot.

    --
    Peter

    "Bill F" wrote:

    > The first step of install instructions with my new
    > printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
    > How do I do this?

    Just make sure to re-enable it when you are done ;)

    There should be an easier way to just disable it by clicking on the the
    icon and look for Disable, Close, etc.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Peter wrote:
    > Start/run/msconfig, click the startup tab and then uncheck the box(es) for the antivirus software, click Apply then reboot.

    Just remember to turn it ON again, afterwards! Running without antivirus is
    a VERY dangerous thing to do these days.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    > Start/run/msconfig, click the startup tab and then uncheck the box(es) for
    > the antivirus software, click Apply then reboot.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >

    > "Bill F" wrote:
    >
    >> The first step of install instructions with my new
    >> printer is to temporarily disable anti-virus software.
    >> How do I do this?

Hardware Microsoft Antivirus Printers Windows XP