I use XP and I have a Umax Gemini d-16 scanner. This
scanner is not supported in Xp by either Microsoft nor
Umax. This scanner is is attached to a SCCI port and must
be turned on when the system is started. Each time I
start up I have to cancel out of the Hardware wizard
about 6 times. Finally I get the failure to install pop
up and I am free to use the scanner. Of course I get 6
installes in my device manager. This is a pain and sloppy.
My question is how can I stop the Hardware wizard from
starting each time I start up?
Any suggestions?

Buy a supported scanner is one suggestion.

"in-focus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7c3001c47739$2ae330f0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| I use XP and I have a Umax Gemini d-16 scanner. This
| scanner is not supported in Xp by either Microsoft nor
| Umax. This scanner is is attached to a SCCI port and must
| be turned on when the system is started. Each time I
| start up I have to cancel out of the Hardware wizard
| about 6 times. Finally I get the failure to install pop
| up and I am free to use the scanner. Of course I get 6
| installes in my device manager. This is a pain and sloppy.
| My question is how can I stop the Hardware wizard from
| starting each time I start up?
| Any suggestions?

Also, are you sure all 6 of them are your SCSI Scanner? There is no way
that I know of to disable the New Hardware Found Wizard without messing
other things up. Honestly, how often do you use the scanner and is it
that big of a problem?

----
Nathan McNulty