Problem with keyboard

Hi,

when I turn on the computer, the keyboard is not working.
Then I try to go into Bios typing "del" and it worked, this means that the
keyboard is OK.
In device manger I saw yellow (?) , on properties get message(Device Manager
Error Code 31.
This device depends on another device that is not functioning correctly.
What is wrong here, please help me.

This is the only thing I can find on Error Code 31:

Here is what I would do. Once in Windows, Remove the keyboard from your
Device Manager (right click and select Uninstall). Now Reboot and see
if it works.

Also, you may need to install the latest drivers for the device,
especially if it is wireless.

----
Nathan McNulty

dejan.m wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I turn on the computer, the keyboard is not working.
> Then I try to go into Bios typing "del" and it worked, this means that the
> keyboard is OK.
> In device manger I saw yellow (?) , on properties get message(Device Manager
> Error Code 31.
> This device depends on another device that is not functioning correctly.
> What is wrong here, please help me.

If the keyboard works during bootup, but not in Windows (XP), then it is
likely a software issue. With my situation, uncheck the 1 or more
"Accessibility Options" features in your "Control Panel". All they
keys works correctly now. It saved me from reloading Windows XP and
other softwares.

Hope this helps

-Boun619
boun619@yahoo.com