Hi All,

Trying to fix a minor problem I ran Mainboard drivers setup program from
NVIDIA CD and since then I have worse problem.
My SIS 315-315E display driver stubbornly refuses to start after reboot, and
the default VGA driver is used instead.
In the Device Manager driver properties window shows the error "Driver could
not start. Code 10" or something similar. If I disable the driver and then
enable it again, it works fine until next boot. It does not show any
resource conflicts when I manually start the device; until that it shows
"The device does not use any resources because it has a problem" message
with no indication of what the problem is.

Event viewer does not show any errors. If I start the Windows with boot log
enabled,
the corresponding entry in ntbtlog.txt is not helpful at all - "Did not
start SIS 315-315E" with no hint why?

I tried to re-install the driver several times, from SIS and NVIDIA sites,
but the result is the same, driver does not start at boot time. Does anybody
know a way to fix it?

OS: Windows XP Home with SP1 and all the latest security patches.

Thank you,

Alex.

Try this driver: http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Inno_3D_SiS_315_315E-23745.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Alex Ivanov" <consul@collegeclub.com> wrote in message:

| Hi All,
|
| Trying to fix a minor problem I ran Mainboard drivers setup program from
| NVIDIA CD and since then I have worse problem.
| My SIS 315-315E display driver stubbornly refuses to start after reboot, and
| the default VGA driver is used instead.
| In the Device Manager driver properties window shows the error "Driver could
| not start. Code 10" or something similar. If I disable the driver and then
| enable it again, it works fine until next boot. It does not show any
| resource conflicts when I manually start the device; until that it shows
| "The device does not use any resources because it has a problem" message
| with no indication of what the problem is.
|
| Event viewer does not show any errors. If I start the Windows with boot log
| enabled,
| the corresponding entry in ntbtlog.txt is not helpful at all - "Did not
| start SIS 315-315E" with no hint why?
|
| I tried to re-install the driver several times, from SIS and NVIDIA sites,
| but the result is the same, driver does not start at boot time. Does anybody
| know a way to fix it?
|
| OS: Windows XP Home with SP1 and all the latest security patches.
|
| Thank you,
|
| Alex.

Carey,
Thanks for your input. I have tried it, but it does the same things.
Upon setup it complained that it wanted to replace a bunch of newer dlls and
I let it do anyway thinking that maybe some newer dlls have flaws. Maybe the
"Windows System Files Protection" feature of XP replaced them back, I don't
know.