Problem connecting LAN to a wireless server

Olim

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005

Have a main computer using a wireless broadband, trying
to connect using a hub to other computers in house, but
will not connect, yet the wireless one says is connected
ok? Can anyone help?

my problem is similar:

i have an in home network, and i'm trying to get my windows xp based
computers to use the network to share an internet connection. how do i do
this?

jeff

Using XP go to Control Panel>Network Interfaces>Wireless
Device. On the Advanced Tab click Internet Connection
Sharing.
Make sure you have the Ethernet plugged into the hub.

Olim

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005

Thanks for answer. Sorry JJ, just want to check I
understand correctly, do you mean from Control Panel >
Network Connections? Then the actual Wireless connection
listed (or the LAN connection)? Do I right click on one
of these, going to 'Properties', unsure where you mean
the 'advanced' tab is, if not here?

okay found what you were talking about, what if my advanced tab doesn't have
that check box? it only has "Internet Connection Firewall"