CD-ROM drives disappear!

Both my CDROM drive and CDRewriter drives have disappeared from "My Computer".
Device manager displays the following problem for both: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drives but it has not worked, i have also checked that they are plugged in correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C
and scroll to Cd/Dvd drives
missing from MyComputer/WinExplorer.
"Hot Tamale" <Hot Tamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Both my CDROM drive and CDRewriter drives have disappeared from "My
Computer".
> Device manager displays the following problem for both: "Windows cannot
start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have tried uninstalling
and reinstalling the drives but it has not worked, i have also checked that
they are plugged in correctly.

> Thanks for your help.

Alan

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C
> and scroll to Cd/Dvd drives
> missing from MyComputer/WinExplorer.
> "Hot Tamale" <Hot Tamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Both my CDROM drive and CDRewriter drives have disappeared from "My
> Computer".
> > Device manager displays the following problem for both: "Windows cannot
> start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
> registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have tried uninstalling
> and reinstalling the drives but it has not worked, i have also checked that
> they are plugged in correctly.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

Alan

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C
> and scroll to Cd/Dvd drives
> missing from MyComputer/WinExplorer.
> "Hot Tamale" <Hot Tamale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Both my CDROM drive and CDRewriter drives have disappeared from "My
> Computer".
> > Device manager displays the following problem for both: "Windows cannot
> start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
> registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have tried uninstalling
> and reinstalling the drives but it has not worked, i have also checked that
> they are plugged in correctly.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

Alan