I need a A7V333 Support CD

I got my mother board from some online retailer at a good price, but it
didn't come with anything. No extra hardware, or support cd. The board is
working fine, but I need the software.
I have already got the drivers, and everything I could get from the Asus
site, but I still need the Audio stuff in particular, and the rest would be
nice too. Is there a place to get this stuff??

Thanks pcrider

You can get it all from Asus :
http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7V333&Type=All

"pcrider" <p_c_r_i_d_e_r@c_o_x.n_e_t> wrote in message
>I got my mother board from some online retailer at a good price, but it
> didn't come with anything. No extra hardware, or support cd. The board is
> working fine, but I need the software.
> I have already got the drivers, and everything I could get from the Asus
> site, but I still need the Audio stuff in particular, and the rest would
> be
> nice too. Is there a place to get this stuff??
>
> Thanks pcrider

"RonK" <I'mhere@home.com> wrote in

Thanks for the reply, but that is what I already have. There are enough
drivers to let me at least use the board, but its not by any means ALL.
I got the board from an online retailer, they did not advertise it as used
I can not say either way.

I was very disapointed when I found I couldn't get support for it, because
it was the board only. Not only did I not realise it didn't come with
essential software, but the numbers where actually blacked out on the
board. It was a good price, but it was NOT FREE. Unfortunately it would
have made no sense to have sent it back with all the charges involved I
would get back a few dollars, and loose a lot more than I gained.

If you've tried to get support from asus directly you know what a pain it
is. I have 2 asus boards the second board came complete. All papers
waranties hardware, etc.. I would rather have teeth pulled than try to get
support from asus for either of them..

> You can get it all from Asus :
> http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7V333&Type=Al
>

> "pcrider" <p_c_r_i_d_e_r@c_o_x.n_e_t> wrote in message
>>I got my mother board from some online retailer at a good price, but
>>it
>> didn't come with anything. No extra hardware, or support cd. The
>> board is working fine, but I need the software.
>> I have already got the drivers, and everything I could get from the
>> Asus site, but I still need the Audio stuff in particular, and the
>> rest would be
>> nice too. Is there a place to get this stuff??
>>
>> Thanks pcrider

pcrider <p_c_r_i_d_e_r@c_o_x.n_e_t> wrote in

After looking at the manual again it looks like the only thing I really
need is the cmedia apllications. I already have the drivers installed,
and I doubt I would use most of the other stuff on the CD.

Thanks again pcrider

pcrider wrote:

> I got my mother board from some online retailer at a good price, but it
> didn't come with anything. No extra hardware, or support cd. The board is
> working fine, but I need the software.
> I have already got the drivers, and everything I could get from the Asus
> site, but I still need the Audio stuff in particular, and the rest would
> be nice too. Is there a place to get this stuff??
>
> Thanks pcrider

Sounds secondhand.

gtoomey

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

pcrider wrote:

>pcrider <p_c_r_i_d_e_r@c_o_x.n_e_t> wrote in
>
>After looking at the manual again it looks like the only thing I really
>need is the cmedia apllications. I already have the drivers installed,
>and I doubt I would use most of the other stuff on the CD.
>
>Thanks again pcrider
>

>>I got my mother board from some online retailer at a good price, but
>>it didn't come with anything. No extra hardware, or support cd. The
>>board is working fine, but I need the software.
>>I have already got the drivers, and everything I could get from the
>>Asus site, but I still need the Audio stuff in particular, and the
>>rest would be nice too. Is there a place to get this stuff??
>>
>>Thanks pcrider

pcrider,
This may help solve one issue for you. A link to the AVRack App for the
CMI8738:
http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/OS-e-cmi8738_WDM_OS.htm
Also appears to be a little newer than what ASUS offers. You might also
check VIA's website for newer drivers for the chipset (4in1)
Rob

Thanks Rob,
I tried it, but the apps. wouldn't load. I'm guessing because those are
for a PCI card they make, they won't work with the onboard application
of there chips.

It looks like unless I can get the stuff from a support cd for the
a7v333 I'm out of luck as far as using the onboard audio.

If someone has the cd I would apreciate a copy of the audio apps.

Thanks again, pcrider

Rob <robc@insightbb.spambone.com> wrote in

> pcrider,
> This may help solve one issue for you. A link to the AVRack App for
> the CMI8738:
> http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/OS-e-cmi8738_WDM_OS.htm
> Also appears to be a little newer than what ASUS offers. You might
> also check VIA's website for newer drivers for the chipset (4in1)
> Rob

Are you not getting sound on your computer ?

"RonK" <I'mhere@home.com> wrote in news:uNDLd.4766$Ck1.834565
@news20.bellglobal.com:

> Are you not getting sound on your computer ?

Thanks again Rob,

I was just about to say no, when I decided I better poke around a bit
more to make sure I checked everything. As a matter of fact I do have
sound!I had to set the cmedia device to default to get it to work, but
it IS working as I type this. Seems I need to learn what I can, and
can't do with it now.

This is my multimedia PC, hooked up to the tv. stereo etc.. I have a
sound blaster installed that I've been using for most sound jobs. I
wanted to use the cmedia stuff for its stereo inputs/outputs, and
eventually for the SPDIF I/O.

I thought I could just select the device I wanted to use for sound in
the each particular multimedia app that I was using. For instance I use
media player for tv programs so that would be cmedia stereo outputs, but
I use winamp for sound that would be sound blaster 5.1 outputs to the
reciever. I'll have to poke around a bit more to see if I can do that.
In the mean time I wanted to say thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have
more questions ;)

Thanks all! Thanks Rob,
pcrider

I have a similar setup and I have to change the default sound device when I
want to send out to my stereo system.

> "RonK" <I'mhere@home.com> wrote in news:uNDLd.4766$Ck1.834565
> @news20.bellglobal.com:
>
>> Are you not getting sound on your computer ?
>>
> Thanks again Rob,
>
> I was just about to say no, when I decided I better poke around a bit
> more to make sure I checked everything. As a matter of fact I do have
> sound!I had to set the cmedia device to default to get it to work, but
> it IS working as I type this. Seems I need to learn what I can, and
> can't do with it now.
>
> This is my multimedia PC, hooked up to the tv. stereo etc.. I have a
> sound blaster installed that I've been using for most sound jobs. I
> wanted to use the cmedia stuff for its stereo inputs/outputs, and
> eventually for the SPDIF I/O.
>
> I thought I could just select the device I wanted to use for sound in
> the each particular multimedia app that I was using. For instance I use
> media player for tv programs so that would be cmedia stereo outputs, but
> I use winamp for sound that would be sound blaster 5.1 outputs to the
> reciever. I'll have to poke around a bit more to see if I can do that.
> In the mean time I wanted to say thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have
> more questions ;)
>
> Thanks all! Thanks Rob,
> pcrider

So far it seems to be doing exactally what I had hoped it would. After I
set the cmedia as default. I set windows media player to use it, then
set soundblaster back to default. Now when I use windows media player it
plays sound through the cmedia output, but everything else is still
using the soundblaster. Perfect for my setup as it lets me test videos
on the TV, before I actually write a dvd.

> I have a similar setup and I have to change the default sound device
> when I want to send out to my stereo system.
>

> "pcrider" <p_c_r_i_d_e_r@c_o_x.n_e_t> wrote in message
>> "RonK" <I'mhere@home.com> wrote in news:uNDLd.4766$Ck1.834565
>> @news20.bellglobal.com:
>>
>>> Are you not getting sound on your computer ?
>>>
>> Thanks again Rob,
>>
>> I was just about to say no, when I decided I better poke around a bit
>> more to make sure I checked everything. As a matter of fact I do have
>> sound!I had to set the cmedia device to default to get it to work,
>> but it IS working as I type this. Seems I need to learn what I can,
>> and can't do with it now.
>>
>> This is my multimedia PC, hooked up to the tv. stereo etc.. I have a
>> sound blaster installed that I've been using for most sound jobs. I
>> wanted to use the cmedia stuff for its stereo inputs/outputs, and
>> eventually for the SPDIF I/O.
>>
>> I thought I could just select the device I wanted to use for sound in
>> the each particular multimedia app that I was using. For instance I
>> use media player for tv programs so that would be cmedia stereo
>> outputs, but I use winamp for sound that would be sound blaster 5.1
>> outputs to the reciever. I'll have to poke around a bit more to see
>> if I can do that. In the mean time I wanted to say thanks for the
>> help. I'm sure I'll have more questions ;)
>>
>> Thanks all! Thanks Rob,
>> pcrider

pcrider <p_c_r_i_d_e_r@c_o_x.n_e_t> wrote in

Ok its been a while now and I see that I am getting a lot of system
crashes that I didn't have before. I turned off the cmedia stuff to see
if that helps, I suspect it will even though I can't see a reason for it
to crash the operating system, (windows xp).