Wireless Problem...Cont..

I have been attempting to get a wireless network card
running but every time it's activated the system either
crashes or reboots. I've tried replacing the card with
another one, as well as shifting it to another PCI slot
but I still get the same problem. This happens under both
XP and 2000 so I can't isolate the problem, running on a
petium 4 with intel chipset, the card is sharing an IRQ
with a USB controller but there is no conflict. If anyone
has had a similar experience I would like to know in order
to isolate the problem.

What exactly is the wireless network card? Have you tried installing
the latest software/drivers for it before putting it in the computer?

----
Nathan McNulty

Jacob Shade wrote:
> I have been attempting to get a wireless network card
> running but every time it's activated the system either
> crashes or reboots. I've tried replacing the card with
> another one, as well as shifting it to another PCI slot
> but I still get the same problem. This happens under both
> XP and 2000 so I can't isolate the problem, running on a
> petium 4 with intel chipset, the card is sharing an IRQ
> with a USB controller but there is no conflict. If anyone
> has had a similar experience I would like to know in order
> to isolate the problem.

It's netgear. I've found a temporary solution of removing
the soundblaster live card. This has solved the problem
but now I can't use the soundblaster at all. The
soundblaster is on a different IRQ, and in no way
conflicted but I think the Wireless rerouted itself to the
soundblaster's IRQ. The system doesn't seem to be using up
that many resources but the problem between the two
devices still exists.

Have you tried putting the SoundBlaster card in a different PCI Slot and
fully update the drivers? There are often fixes released for things
like this. Also, I would contact both companies and see if they know
anything about it.

----
Nathan McNulty