Fractal Design Announces R2 Silent Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

szymek

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
Yes! I want 60mm fan with rubber screws to improve noise level! Isn't it what everybody want? How could I want my fan to be more quiet when I can use rubber screws and make it sound like hoover!

G

It's about time. I have a Define R2 chassis and have been looking for fans to add to the two stock 120s. I was looking for Fractal fans to match since they are good performers and are nearly silent. Sadly, I wasn't able to find them. Now that I know they are selling them by themselves, I just need to keep checking around until someone has them.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]szymek[/nom]Yes! I want 60mm fan with rubber screws to improve noise level! Isn't it what everybody want? How could I want my fan to be more quiet when I can use rubber screws and make it sound like hoover![/citation]
Me too!! At 4000 RPM (which is doubtfully a misprint), a 40 mm fan is going to sound like a jet airplane. I can hardly wait. /sarcasm.

[citation][nom]metaldragen[/nom]It's about time. I have a Define R2 chassis and have been looking for fans to add to the two stock 120s. I was looking for Fractal fans to match since they are good performers and are nearly silent. Sadly, I wasn't able to find them. Now that I know they are selling them by themselves, I just need to keep checking around until someone has them.[/citation]
One word - Scythe! They make the quietest fans I have ever used. They are one company where the marketing department does not run the company - IMHO.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
if u guys dont want to wait for a quet fan with a black case/white blade, nzxt also sells fans like these. i got some for my case and i cant hear them.

G

And the C3 fans will be loud and break often :D

Play on words with "R2"-D2 and C3-PO

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]Me too!! At 4000 RPM (which is doubtfully a misprint), a 40 mm fan is going to sound like a jet airplane. I can hardly wait. /sarcasm.One word - Scythe! They make the quietest fans I have ever used. They are one company where the marketing department does not run the company - IMHO.[/citation]
True that. I bought their 120 mm "Super High Speed" fans expecting them to sound like jet engines...the only thing you hear is the woosh of air and no motor or blade whir at all.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Hm... 4000RPM... Please be a misprint or it's going to be... like a small engine at low rev for a CAR... Can't wait to listen how insane it's going to be. = ="

larkspur

Distinguished
Guys seriously - many 40mm fans often run a lot faster than 4000rpm. Look up the specs on some 40mm case fans... then post comments. I have a 40mm fan @4000rpm as a northbridge cooler and I can't hear it outside the case.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
WOW WHAT AN INFORMATIVE ARTICLE. low noise fans. how about some db and cfm numbers? -.-

It's like saying "NEW FAST SSD's from X company! 2.5 and 3.5" and not having any information regarding performance or price or any other info.... wtv.

really, toms is transforming into an advertising agency even in the articles.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]WOW WHAT AN INFORMATIVE ARTICLE. low noise fans. how about some db and cfm numbers? -.-It's like saying "NEW FAST SSD's from X company! 2.5 and 3.5" and not having any information regarding performance or price or any other info.... wtv.really, toms is transforming into an advertising agency even in the articles.[/citation]
No, they make their payroll from all the contributions you've sent them over the years.

jbo5112

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
The 120mm version is pushing 40.6 CFM at 15 db with a max pressure of 1.07. Silenx is pushing 44 CFM at 12 dB and Scythe is pushing 40 CFM at 10.7 dB. Nothing record setting, but it's better than everything else Newegg sells in that range. Can't comment on the pressure, since neither Newegg nor the manufacturer list the spec. You'd think a news site could do some research. I miss the early days of this site.

The 4000 RPM is correct according to their website, and it weighs in at 18 dB for a mighty 4.53 CFM. Someone once measured the cooling efficiency of a 1u server from a major vendor with all the 40mm fans. It turned out the fans drew more power than the rest of the computer. Maybe that's why Google doesn't put case fans on their servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.