Single & Dual Channel on Memory Config.

I am running MemTest86+ V1.5 on DOS mode to test the 2 sticks of 512MB
memory config. as dual channel on my system
Mobo: P4P800 SE
As reported by MemTest86+
Pentium 4(0.09) 299MHz
L1 Cache: 16K 20969 MB/s
L2 Cache: 1024 16297 MB/s
Memory: 1023M 2726 MB/s
Chopset:Intel i848/i865 (ECC:Disabled) FSB:199MHz - PAT:Enabled
Settings: RAM:199 Mhz (DDR398) / CAS: 2.5-4-4-8/ Single Channel (64
bits)
Questions:
1. Settings show Single Channel. However I have configure to run as
dual channel. Is this normal?
2. How to I check and confirm whether the 2 sticks of memory are
running as dual channel?

Mem86+ ran all the 8 tests without problem.

TIA

Paul

Splendid

In article <gs9rv0laok0up55bp858kg11m4soikfh1t@4ax.com>, Helob
<REMOVEwonghy@streamyx.com> wrote:

> I am running MemTest86+ V1.5 on DOS mode to test the 2 sticks of 512MB
> memory config. as dual channel on my system
> Mobo: P4P800 SE
> As reported by MemTest86+
> Pentium 4(0.09) 299MHz
> L1 Cache: 16K 20969 MB/s
> L2 Cache: 1024 16297 MB/s
> Memory: 1023M 2726 MB/s
> Chopset:Intel i848/i865 (ECC:Disabled) FSB:199MHz - PAT:Enabled
> Settings: RAM:199 Mhz (DDR398) / CAS: 2.5-4-4-8/ Single Channel (64
> bits)
> Questions:
> 1. Settings show Single Channel. However I have configure to run as
> dual channel. Is this normal?
> 2. How to I check and confirm whether the 2 sticks of memory are
> running as dual channel?
>
> Mem86+ ran all the 8 tests without problem.
>
> TIA

If you look half way down this page, there are screen snapshots
from two programs: CPUZ and ctiaw

http://abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51548

Try these out:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz
ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctiaw.zip

"configure to run as dual channel" means you are using sticks
having identical rows/columns/banks and amount of memory. The
sticks are placed in the same position number in each channel.
Like A2 & B2. If you have disabled the "Full Screen Logo" in
the BIOS, you might even see a declaration of "dual channel"
printed on the BIOS screen when the computer starts the
power on self test sequence.

HTH,
Paul

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:29:47 -0500, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <gs9rv0laok0up55bp858kg11m4soikfh1t@4ax.com>, Helob
><REMOVEwonghy@streamyx.com> wrote:
>
>> I am running MemTest86+ V1.5 on DOS mode to test the 2 sticks of 512MB
>> memory config. as dual channel on my system
>
>> Questions:
>> 1. Settings show Single Channel. However I have configure to run as
>> dual channel. Is this normal?
>> 2. How to I check and confirm whether the 2 sticks of memory are
>> running as dual channel?
>>
>> Mem86+ ran all the 8 tests without problem.
>>
>> TIA
>
>If you look half way down this page, there are screen snapshots
>from two programs: CPUZ and ctiaw
>
>http://abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51548
>
>Try these out:
>
>http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz
>ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctiaw.zip
>
>"configure to run as dual channel" means you are using sticks
>having identical rows/columns/banks and amount of memory. The
>sticks are placed in the same position number in each channel.
>Like A2 & B2. If you have disabled the "Full Screen Logo" in
>the BIOS, you might even see a declaration of "dual channel"
>printed on the BIOS screen when the computer starts the
>power on self test sequence.
>
>HTH,
> Paul
Thanks. It did show as Channel# Dual in CPU-Z.

Helob wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:29:47 -0500, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:
>

>>In article <gs9rv0laok0up55bp858kg11m4soikfh1t@4ax.com>, Helob
>><REMOVEwonghy@streamyx.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I am running MemTest86+ V1.5 on DOS mode to test the 2 sticks of 512MB
>>>memory config. as dual channel on my system
>>
>>>Questions:
>>>1. Settings show Single Channel. However I have configure to run as
>>>dual channel. Is this normal?
>>>2. How to I check and confirm whether the 2 sticks of memory are
>>>running as dual channel?
>>>
>>>Mem86+ ran all the 8 tests without problem.
>>>
>>>TIA
>>
>>If you look half way down this page, there are screen snapshots
>
>>from two programs: CPUZ and ctiaw
>
>>http://abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51548
>>
>>Try these out:
>>
>>http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz
>>ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctiaw.zip
>>
>>"configure to run as dual channel" means you are using sticks
>>having identical rows/columns/banks and amount of memory. The
>>sticks are placed in the same position number in each channel.
>>Like A2 & B2. If you have disabled the "Full Screen Logo" in
>>the BIOS, you might even see a declaration of "dual channel"
>>printed on the BIOS screen when the computer starts the
>>power on self test sequence.
>>
>>HTH,
>> Paul
>
> Thanks. It did show as Channel# Dual in CPU-Z.

Just insert one stick in the first slot then insert stick nr 2 into slot
nr 3 and thats it. Providing that you mobo has 4 ram slots.