Asus serial number

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 31, 2005 9:16:21 AM

Hey everyone,
Aside from the serial number on the box itself, does anyone know the
location of the number located on the motherboard?
My son's A7V8X-X's primary IDE controller has died and I can't get an RMA
number without the serial number (of course).
The four existing stickers on the motherboard are located underneath the
fifth PCI slot, on top of the LPT port, on the side of the FDD controller,
and below the PSU plug.
I've been waiting for three days for a reply back from Asus, but....
Entering any of these numbers in the serial number request form on Asus'
site come back as being the incorrect number.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

____________________________________
SMITH & WESSON:
The original point-n-click interface
____________________________________

More about : asus serial number

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 31, 2005 9:54:56 AM

"Michael MacFarlane" <macfarlane @ shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
> Aside from the serial number on the box itself, does anyone know the
> location of the number located on the motherboard?
> My son's A7V8X-X's primary IDE controller has died and I can't get an RMA
> number without the serial number (of course).
> The four existing stickers on the motherboard are located underneath the
> fifth PCI slot, on top of the LPT port, on the side of the FDD controller,
> and below the PSU plug.
> I've been waiting for three days for a reply back from Asus, but....
> Entering any of these numbers in the serial number request form on Asus'
> site come back as being the incorrect number.
> Any suggestions?

It's the bottom number on the LPT sticker. ASUS tends to
respond faster to phone calls than e-mail.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 31, 2005 11:13:38 AM

"KC Computers" <kc@kc-computers.com> wrote in message

> It's the bottom number on the LPT sticker. ASUS tends to
> respond faster to phone calls than e-mail.

Thanks for the reply.
Actually, that was the first number I tried, and it was also the first
number they claimed was incorrect.
Perhaps I typed it in the wrong format?
Should there by a hyphon somewhere in there?
(eg. 42MM4Wxxxx)

Michael
Related resources
January 31, 2005 11:49:16 AM

Hi, I believe it's on the side of the last PCI slot. Unfortunately that
means either removing the motherboard or using a mirror to view it - good
luck!!!
ChrisC

> "KC Computers" <kc@kc-computers.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's the bottom number on the LPT sticker. ASUS tends to
>> respond faster to phone calls than e-mail.
>

> Thanks for the reply.
> Actually, that was the first number I tried, and it was also the first
> number they claimed was incorrect.
> Perhaps I typed it in the wrong format?
> Should there by a hyphon somewhere in there?
> (eg. 42MM4Wxxxx)
>
> Michael

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 31, 2005 7:06:15 PM

"Michael MacFarlane" <macfarlane @ shaw.ca> wrote in message

> "KC Computers" <kc@kc-computers.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's the bottom number on the LPT sticker. ASUS tends to
>> respond faster to phone calls than e-mail.
>

> Thanks for the reply.
> Actually, that was the first number I tried, and it was also the first
> number they claimed was incorrect.
> Perhaps I typed it in the wrong format?
> Should there by a hyphon somewhere in there?
> (eg. 42MM4Wxxxx)

That 42MMxxxx is the serial #. (The 42 portion means that
it was manufactured in February 2004). You may need to
call them by telephone to see what the problem is.

Good luck.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 31, 2005 7:27:23 PM

> That 42MMxxxx is the serial #. (The 42 portion means that
> it was manufactured in February 2004). You may need to
> call them by telephone to see what the problem is.
>
> Good luck.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
It seems to have taken a twist for the interesting with this particular
saga.

I received an email back from Asus online tech-support with this advice:
"Serial number is located on PCB board".
Well, duh... lol.
Unfortunately, trying to register this particular board always seems to come
back as "incorrect serial number", so I placed a call to to the RMA dept.
I now have to a bit more waiting.

Thanks again,
Michael
February 1, 2005 5:40:21 AM

check your OHs and zeros, eights and Bees.
O08B :)

"Michael MacFarlane" <macfarlane @ shaw.ca> wrote in message

> "KC Computers" <kc@kc-computers.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's the bottom number on the LPT sticker. ASUS tends to
>> respond faster to phone calls than e-mail.
>

> Thanks for the reply.
> Actually, that was the first number I tried, and it was also the first
> number they claimed was incorrect.
> Perhaps I typed it in the wrong format?
> Should there by a hyphon somewhere in there?
> (eg. 42MM4Wxxxx)
>
> Michael

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2010 8:15:27 AM

hey How to check serial of Motherbaord on Asus.com website!!!!
!