VGA BIOS

Yesterday I have installed MSI live update program for mother Board Model
(865 PE Serious).

I have found new version of VGA bios so I decided to install but after down
you have to upload manual) .

I make restart to my PC but VGA did not work ..

Please advise

Best Regards
Ahmed
5 answers Last reply
More about bios

    You have 2 BIOSes mentioned there. You usually don't update your VGA
    BIOS, but Motherboard BIOS updates are normal. You say 865PE which does
    not include on-board graphics, so it isn't that. I can't find an MSI
    865PE Serious, only Neo2. Check the manufacturer's website for the
    latest BIOS files and use those. Most everything that came on the CD
    with it is probably quite old by now.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Microsoft wrote:
    > Yesterday I have installed MSI live update program for mother Board Model
    > (865 PE Serious).
    >
    > I have found new version of VGA bios so I decided to install but after down
    > you have to upload manual) .
    >
    > I make restart to my PC but VGA did not work ..
    >
    > Please advise
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Ahmed

    Many Thanks for your quick reply and response

    I have mentioned Mother Board BIOS just for your reference and You are right
    it is Neo2.

    But the problem in VGA Card BIOS not in Mother Board BIOS.(MSI Gforce4
    MMX440 , 8X)

    I have test VGA card in another but it does not work

    Best Regards and thanks again for your attention

    Ahmed Hassan

    "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > You have 2 BIOSes mentioned there. You usually don't update your VGA
    > BIOS, but Motherboard BIOS updates are normal. You say 865PE which does
    > not include on-board graphics, so it isn't that. I can't find an MSI
    > 865PE Serious, only Neo2. Check the manufacturer's website for the
    > latest BIOS files and use those. Most everything that came on the CD
    > with it is probably quite old by now.
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Microsoft wrote:
    > > Yesterday I have installed MSI live update program for mother Board
    Model
    > > (865 PE Serious).
    > >
    > > I have found new version of VGA bios so I decided to install but after
    down
    BIOS ,
    > > you have to upload manual) .
    > >
    > > I make restart to my PC but VGA did not work ..
    > >
    > > Please advise
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > > Ahmed

    First Thanks for your quick response and attention

    I have mentioned Mother Board BIOS just for your information and you are
    right about model (Neo2)

    The problem now in VGA Card (MSI Gforce4 64MB DDR, MMX 440, 8X).

    I have test VGA card in another machine but it does not work ..

    Thanks again for your quick response

    Best Regards,
    Ahmed Hassan

    "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > You have 2 BIOSes mentioned there. You usually don't update your VGA
    > BIOS, but Motherboard BIOS updates are normal. You say 865PE which does
    > not include on-board graphics, so it isn't that. I can't find an MSI
    > 865PE Serious, only Neo2. Check the manufacturer's website for the
    > latest BIOS files and use those. Most everything that came on the CD
    > with it is probably quite old by now.
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Microsoft wrote:
    > > Yesterday I have installed MSI live update program for mother Board
    Model
    > > (865 PE Serious).
    > >
    > > I have found new version of VGA bios so I decided to install but after
    down
    BIOS ,
    > > you have to upload manual) .
    > >
    > > I make restart to my PC but VGA did not work ..
    > >
    > > Please advise
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > > Ahmed

    Go here and follow their instructions on flashing the VGA BIOS and
    download the proper VGA BIOS for your video card:
    http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

    I NEVER recommend updating the BIOS for a VGA Card unless it is
    absolutely necessary. Motherboard BIOSes are much easier to update and
    more common to be updated. Good luck to ya ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Microsoft wrote:
    > First Thanks for your quick response and attention
    >
    > I have mentioned Mother Board BIOS just for your information and you are
    > right about model (Neo2)
    >
    > The problem now in VGA Card (MSI Gforce4 64MB DDR, MMX 440, 8X).
    >
    > I have test VGA card in another machine but it does not work ..
    >
    > Thanks again for your quick response
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Ahmed Hassan
    >

    > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>You have 2 BIOSes mentioned there. You usually don't update your VGA
    >>BIOS, but Motherboard BIOS updates are normal. You say 865PE which does
    >>not include on-board graphics, so it isn't that. I can't find an MSI
    >>865PE Serious, only Neo2. Check the manufacturer's website for the
    >>latest BIOS files and use those. Most everything that came on the CD
    >>with it is probably quite old by now.
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>

    >>Microsoft wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yesterday I have installed MSI live update program for mother Board
    >
    > Model
    >
    >>>(865 PE Serious).
    >>>
    >>>I have found new version of VGA bios so I decided to install but after
    >
    > down

    > BIOS ,
    >
    >>>you have to upload manual) .
    >>>
    >>>I make restart to my PC but VGA did not work ..
    >>>
    >>>Please advise
    >>>
    >>>Best Regards
    >>>Ahmed

    Many Thanks for your information and quick response.

    > Go here and follow their instructions on flashing the VGA BIOS and
    > download the proper VGA BIOS for your video card:
    > http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html
    >
    > I NEVER recommend updating the BIOS for a VGA Card unless it is
    > absolutely necessary. Motherboard BIOSes are much easier to update and
    > more common to be updated. Good luck to ya ;)
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Microsoft wrote:
    > > First Thanks for your quick response and attention
    > >
    > > I have mentioned Mother Board BIOS just for your information and you are
    > > right about model (Neo2)
    > >
    > > The problem now in VGA Card (MSI Gforce4 64MB DDR, MMX 440, 8X).
    > >
    > > I have test VGA card in another machine but it does not work ..
    > >
    > > Thanks again for your quick response
    > >
    > > Best Regards,
    > > Ahmed Hassan
    > >

    > > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>You have 2 BIOSes mentioned there. You usually don't update your VGA
    > >>BIOS, but Motherboard BIOS updates are normal. You say 865PE which does
    > >>not include on-board graphics, so it isn't that. I can't find an MSI
    > >>865PE Serious, only Neo2. Check the manufacturer's website for the
    > >>latest BIOS files and use those. Most everything that came on the CD
    > >>with it is probably quite old by now.
    > >>
    > >>----
    > >>Nathan McNulty

    > > Model