Ai-Booster Io Driver Error Please Help

January 30th 2005

Good Afternoon I'm having a problem getting the Asus Ai-Booster
program to run after a registery repair in-windows and a
re-installation of service pack 2.

Registery was Corrupt in Windows xp so re-did the registry hives and
installed service pack 2 again.

System Specs

Silverstone Black Case
Asus p5ad2 Deluxe Motherboard
Gig of 533mhz ddr2 ram
Windows xp Pro With service pack 2
Pci Express Asus en6800 extreme 256mb vid card
Intel Pentum 4 3.0 ghrz processor
1-40 gig western digital harddrive
1-80 gig (primary) Western digital hardrive

The Bottom line is when I go to try to run ai-booster I get an error
"Class Not Registered"
If I try To reinstall it I get the Io driver not found error.
everything in the bios is set to auto. any ideas I sure could use
some and I'm having the same problem with trying to install asus smart
doctor.

Any help would be much appreciated

Tess

Hi, I've a similar problem (Asus A8N SLI, GeCube X850XT, AMD 3500+).
I cannot install these utilities:
- AI Booster 2.00.48
- Cool'n'Quiet Software

I always get, during the installation, this error:
"Failed to install IO driver"
(even if the Asus PC Probe utility is switched off)

Any clues?
It's strange 'cos 2 days ago I installed the same Operating System
with the same hardware and they installed without problems.
Then I had to install again from scratch, and I now always get this
error.
It has to be said that AI Booster - anyway - gave me problems: even
without overclocking, after about 1 min of work, it gave me errors (a
popup stating a unidentified error, like ";"...).

Another problem I often encounter is with Asus PC Probe: from time to
time it reports strange/impossible "Chassis Fan" speeds (negative
values, from -38k to 0), while the fan is instead working properly
(at least as I can see it).

Many thanks,
Gianluca