Sound Card for XP

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive sound
card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about sound card

    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Model
    "SB0226" -OEM

    Model# 70SB022600000
    Item # N82E16829102165

    Specifications:
    Channels: 5.1
    Max Sampling Rate: 48KHz
    Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital
    Digital Audio: 16-bit
    Hardware Polyphony: 64 Voices
    PC Interface: PCI
    Connectors: Analog out, Mic-in, GAME/MIDI(See Details)
    Package Contents: See pics
    Special Features: EAX, Plug and Play, DirectSound® 3D

    $28.49

    Here is one vendor, plus, they have numerous other cards as well!

    http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=57&DEPA=0

    Bill Crocker

    "mk" <unknown@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive
    sound
    > card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.

    Thanks, I'll check that out.

    "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Model
    "SB0226" -OEM

    Model# 70SB022600000
    Item # N82E16829102165

    Specifications:
    Channels: 5.1
    Max Sampling Rate: 48KHz
    Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital
    Digital Audio: 16-bit
    Hardware Polyphony: 64 Voices
    PC Interface: PCI
    Connectors: Analog out, Mic-in, GAME/MIDI(See Details)
    Package Contents: See pics
    Special Features: EAX, Plug and Play, DirectSound® 3D

    $28.49

    Here is one vendor, plus, they have numerous other cards as well!

    http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=57&DEPA=0

    Bill Crocker

    "mk" <unknown@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive
    sound
    > card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.

    Depends on what speakers you have. I would really suggest a SoundBlaster
    Audigy 2. Just the plain Audigy 2. You can pick this up for under $50
    if you look in the right places. ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    mk wrote:
    > Thanks, I'll check that out.
    >
    > "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Model
    > "SB0226" -OEM
    >
    > Model# 70SB022600000
    > Item # N82E16829102165
    >
    > Specifications:
    > Channels: 5.1
    > Max Sampling Rate: 48KHz
    > Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital
    > Digital Audio: 16-bit
    > Hardware Polyphony: 64 Voices
    > PC Interface: PCI
    > Connectors: Analog out, Mic-in, GAME/MIDI(See Details)
    > Package Contents: See pics
    > Special Features: EAX, Plug and Play, DirectSound® 3D
    >
    > $28.49
    >
    > Here is one vendor, plus, they have numerous other cards as well!
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=57&DEPA=0
    >
    > Bill Crocker
    >

    > "mk" <unknown@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive
    >
    > sound
    >
    >>card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.

Sound Cards Microsoft Windows XP