Sound Card for XP

mk

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive sound
card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Model
"SB0226" -OEM

Model# 70SB022600000
Item # N82E16829102165

Specifications:
Channels: 5.1
Max Sampling Rate: 48KHz
Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital
Digital Audio: 16-bit
Hardware Polyphony: 64 Voices
PC Interface: PCI
Connectors: Analog out, Mic-in, GAME/MIDI(See Details)
Package Contents: See pics
Special Features: EAX, Plug and Play, DirectSound® 3D

$28.49

Here is one vendor, plus, they have numerous other cards as well!

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=57&DEPA=0

Bill Crocker

"mk" <unknown@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive
sound
> card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.

mk

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Thanks, I'll check that out.

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Model
"SB0226" -OEM

Model# 70SB022600000
Item # N82E16829102165

Specifications:
Channels: 5.1
Max Sampling Rate: 48KHz
Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital
Digital Audio: 16-bit
Hardware Polyphony: 64 Voices
PC Interface: PCI
Connectors: Analog out, Mic-in, GAME/MIDI(See Details)
Package Contents: See pics
Special Features: EAX, Plug and Play, DirectSound® 3D

$28.49

Here is one vendor, plus, they have numerous other cards as well!

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=57&DEPA=0

Bill Crocker

"mk" <unknown@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive
sound
> card that will work in WinXP. Thanks.

Depends on what speakers you have. I would really suggest a SoundBlaster
Audigy 2. Just the plain Audigy 2. You can pick this up for under $50
if you look in the right places. ;)

----
Nathan McNulty