Asus A8V standby issue

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2005 5:17:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

I've got an issue trying to get the system out of standby. I need to
hit the power switch to do it. I'd like to be able to hit the KB or
mouse to exit from standby. I thought I had the settings right in the
bios but I must be missing something. Can some post what I need to set?

Thanks,

--
Thermaltake 3000BNA Black w/450W PS
ASUS A8V deluxe

check it out at http://www.widowpc.com/

More about : asus a8v standby issue

February 1, 2005 8:18:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

Not sure, but you might have to change the jumper labeled KBPWR to pins
2+3 in addition to BIOS settings. There's another set of jumpers to
enable USB devices.

WhoKnows wrote:
> I've got an issue trying to get the system out of standby. I need to
> hit the power switch to do it. I'd like to be able to hit the KB or
> mouse to exit from standby. I thought I had the settings right in the
> bios but I must be missing something. Can some post what I need to set?
>
> Thanks,

February 1, 2005 11:54:07 PM

"WhoKnows" <funnel@!REMOVE-THIS!berkshire.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've got an issue trying to get the system out of standby. I need to
> hit the power switch to do it. I'd like to be able to hit the KB or
> mouse to exit from standby. I thought I had the settings right in the
> bios but I must be missing something. Can some post what I need to set?

I had the same problem for a couple days. And it's in the manual yet. Doh!
There's a jumper (KBPWR) on the MB that you have to set that will get the KB
to work. See top of page 2-19 of the manual.
!