WINDOWS XP REPAIR

Mike

Splendid

when my computer is turned on i get the message: windows
did not styart etc, i have the options of safe mode, safe
mode withnetworking, safe mode with comand prompt, last
known etc, start normally.
none of these work it will go to the windows xp screen
then after 3 seconds shuts down and returns to the first
screen for safe mode.
i have tried using F8 for more options but they do the
same.
i have tried to repair using the microsoft recovery disc
but do not get the repair option it will only re-install
windows completely re-formatting hard drive, which i do
not want as there are data files which i need to get of
the hard drive.
could anyone please help get me out of this ground hog day
situation.
if so reply to (wheelerlaptop2@(remove this part)
tiscali.co.uk.
thanks
..

MIKE wrote:

> when my computer is turned on i get the message: windows
> did not styart etc, i have the options of safe mode, safe
> mode withnetworking, safe mode with comand prompt, last
> known etc, start normally.
> none of these work it will go to the windows xp screen
> then after 3 seconds shuts down and returns to the first
> screen for safe mode.
> i have tried using F8 for more options but they do the
> same.
> i have tried to repair using the microsoft recovery disc
> but do not get the repair option it will only re-install
> windows completely re-formatting hard drive, which i do
> not want as there are data files which i need to get of
> the hard drive.
> could anyone please help get me out of this ground hog day
> situation.
> if so reply to (wheelerlaptop2@(remove this part)
> tiscali.co.uk.
> thanks
> .

Actually, that's what you are looking for.

If you want to do a repair installation, run it like you are about to do a
complete install. Windows will find your previous installation, and will ask you
if you want to repair it. Answer "yes."

courtney sends....