CD ROM won't open with button

August 1, 2004 2:55:16 PM

I just got my computer back from the shop with a new
mother board. Works great except the cd rom will not
eject with the button. I have to use a right click on
the drive and click on eject. The drawer closes with the
button. Is there a setting I can fix? Or do I have to
return it to the shop?

More about : rom open button

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 10:48:50 AM

Hi,

Looks like the button on the CD-Rom drive is faulty. Call up the
manufacturer and ask if there is utility installed by default that "locks"
the button. Else change the
CD-Rom drive and see if that helps. ..... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

- - From: "jajajaji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
- - Sender: "jajajaji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
- - Subject: CD ROM won't open with button
- - Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 10:55:16 -0700