CD ROM won't open with button

I just got my computer back from the shop with a new
mother board. Works great except the cd rom will not
eject with the button. I have to use a right click on
the drive and click on eject. The drawer closes with the
button. Is there a setting I can fix? Or do I have to
return it to the shop?
1 answer Last reply
More about open button

    Hi,

    Looks like the button on the CD-Rom drive is faulty. Call up the
    manufacturer and ask if there is utility installed by default that "locks"
    the button. Else change the
    CD-Rom drive and see if that helps. ..... :)

    Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

    The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    --------------------
    - - From: "jajajaji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    - - Sender: "jajajaji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    - - Subject: CD ROM won't open with button
    - - Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 10:55:16 -0700
    - -
    - - I just got my computer back from the shop with a new
    - - mother board. Works great except the cd rom will not
    - - eject with the button. I have to use a right click on
    - - the drive and click on eject. The drawer closes with the
    - - button. Is there a setting I can fix? Or do I have to
    - - return it to the shop?
    - -

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP