Can't figure out

Solomon

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

I ripped a 7gig dvd movie onto my gateway m675x but there
was an error so i deleted it. But my harddrive still had
a 7gigabyte gap in it so i compressed and defragmented it,
but no change. So i then tried to reinstall xp in hopes
of removing the gap, but again no change, and now i have
xp in my computer twice with 7 gigabytes of misplaced
memory. i tried to format my harddrive but it wouldnt
work. - - - HOW DO I GET THAT MEMORY BACK AND REMOVE THAT
SECOND XP FROM MY SYSTEM????

Bet you didn't empty the recycle bin, Solomon!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Solomon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ripped a 7gig dvd movie onto my gateway m675x but there
> was an error so i deleted it. But my harddrive still had
> a 7gigabyte gap in it so i compressed and defragmented it,
> but no change. So i then tried to reinstall xp in hopes
> of removing the gap, but again no change, and now i have
> xp in my computer twice with 7 gigabytes of misplaced
> memory. i tried to format my harddrive but it wouldnt
> work. - - - HOW DO I GET THAT MEMORY BACK AND REMOVE THAT
> SECOND XP FROM MY SYSTEM????

in my computer. my documents and settings had 7gigs of
something in it but i couldnt find it even with all the
hours i spent looking
>.

Two things. First, I'm not exactly sure where the point is, but files
over a certain point (maybe 2 GB?), Windows will tell you the file is
too large for the Recycle Bin and asks if you want to permanently delete
the file. Second, I am not exactly sure what you did to your system now
having installed XP again or whatever you did. Nevertheless, the files
that you are trying to find that are so large are probably stored in
your temp folder or something like that. Go Documents and Settings,
Your Name, then Local Settings. This is a hidden folder, but if you type
it into the Address Bar, you can open it. Also, you could just use Disk
Clean-up available by right clicking on the drive in My Computer and
click Properties, then Disk Cleanup.

----
Nathan McNulty

TRENDING THREADS