AV8 Deluxe

Is there any "Serious Issues" i should know about this board as it will be a
part of my new setup matched with a 3000+ and Corsair 1GB DDR400 XMS3200.
its on the compatible list i believe.
Examples include
Driver Compatibility problems
Bios problems
etc.....
Any information would be greatly appreciated
Cliffro
5 answers Last reply
More about deluxe

    Great board no issues noted here. Booted on initial and every boot
    since build

    --
    ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
    ATI RADEON X800XT PE

    "Cliffro" <cliffro69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any "Serious Issues" i should know about this board as it will be
    > a part of my new setup matched with a 3000+ and Corsair 1GB DDR400
    > XMS3200.
    > its on the compatible list i believe.
    > Examples include
    > Driver Compatibility problems
    > Bios problems
    > etc.....
    > Any information would be greatly appreciated
    > Cliffro

    There are no serious issues with the Rev. 2 boards.
    If you plan to overclock, note that the VIA SATA controller is not protected
    by the AGP/CPI lock, so you'll want to use the Promise controller for SATA
    drives.
    My A8V Rev. 2 has been great from first power application, now happily
    running my 3200+ Winchester at 2.4 GHz. Pretty darn good bang for the buck,
    I'd say :)

    Just built one last night. When you went into BIOS set-up to set the clock
    etc, exiting caused BIOS corruption. Removed battery and reset BIOS. Tried
    again, this happens every time. If PC was powered off, restoring the power
    would start the PC without the power button being pressed. It then would
    just not work correctly at all, it was "goosed"

    Downloaded the latest BIOS (Asus says latest BIOS is needed to fix this
    problem), flashed it and bingo the PC now works perfectly and loaded windows
    a dream complete with all drivers etc. I now believe this board is fine.
    Hope this helps.

    Mike

    AV8 Deluxe
    AMD 3500 64 Bit
    512MB Cosair 400DDR

    "Peter van der Goes" <p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> wrote in message

    > "Cliffro" <cliffro69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there any "Serious Issues" i should know about this board as it will
    >> be a part of my new setup matched with a 3000+ and Corsair 1GB DDR400
    >> XMS3200.
    >> its on the compatible list i believe.
    >> Examples include
    >> Driver Compatibility problems
    >> Bios problems
    >> etc.....
    >> Any information would be greatly appreciated
    >> Cliffro
    >>
    > There are no serious issues with the Rev. 2 boards.
    > If you plan to overclock, note that the VIA SATA controller is not
    > protected by the AGP/CPI lock, so you'll want to use the Promise
    > controller for SATA drives.
    > My A8V Rev. 2 has been great from first power application, now happily
    > running my 3200+ Winchester at 2.4 GHz. Pretty darn good bang for the
    > buck, I'd say :)

    ..... about the PCI/AGP lock and the VIA SATA controller.

    Does anyone have a reference for the VIA controller not being locked? I've
    got SATA RAID 0 array running at HTT 280 - it seems happy enough. This is
    with a Rev. 2.0 board.

    Incidentally - I've got my 3000+ Winchester running at 2.5GHz :o))))

    Pete

    "Immuno" <immunodevice@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > .... about the PCI/AGP lock and the VIA SATA controller.
    >
    > Does anyone have a reference for the VIA controller not being locked? I've
    > got SATA RAID 0 array running at HTT 280 - it seems happy enough. This is
    > with a Rev. 2.0 board.
    >
    > Incidentally - I've got my 3000+ Winchester running at 2.5GHz :o))))
    >
    > Pete

    Some discussion on AMD Forums and some newsgroup articles claiming data
    corruption, and alleging that Asus tech support fessed up to it. Nothing
    I've seen could be considered authoritative.
    Your experience seems to contradict the rhetoric.

Asus Compatibility Motherboards