GPS Device

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am running Windows XP Professional on a Compaq. I have a
Magellan Sportrac GPS unit with a cable to connect to a
serial port. I just tried to connect the GPS for the first
time and the computer would not boot up. I disconnect the
cable and still cannot boot up. The monitor is not
receiving a signal and the lights on the keyboard flash on
when I first hit the power button but do not come back on.
I tried to boot from the Windows XP CD with no luck. Any
Suggestion would be appreciated.

Tom

I hate to say this, but somehow you have managed to fry your Compaq.
Please contact Compaq support.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHomeC?lc=en&cc=us

--
Carey Frisch